Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #21 
hummingbird

For sure guys. Thanks a bunch! :)
hummingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #22 
thekoimaiden

I second the Letter to the Editor idea. Newspapers still reach a lot of people. If that store has a Facebook page you could post the pictures you take of the store to their wall. I know some local places I search have a google page where you can write comments about the store.

I hope you can crush those guys! Those who are evil to fishes, BEWARE!
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:38 AM   #23 
LionCalie

Is he being purposely cruel or is he just ignorant? Sometimes people just don't know any better. There is a TON of misinformation running rampant in those little pet stores. Heck, it happens in the big chain stores too! In cases with folks that are ignorant, trying to politely educate them by providing facts and proper information is a better route. Print out information to bring with you when you voice your concerns. If he decides to to continue the cycle of neglect/abuse then you take more aggressive action.

Something to keep in mind though.... confronting someone and pointing out they are not caring for their animals properly often times does not go over well, no matter how polite you are. Especially with people that think of themselves as "experts" like the store owner probably does.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:00 AM   #24 
kfryman

No the man is just cruel, he may be ignorant as well but he is cruel and doesn't care.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:25 AM   #25 
Scruffy Nerfherder

Be careful with the picture idea; you don't want to get hit with a slander/libel lawsuit. Always approach these things with nothing but facts.
Scruffy Nerfherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #26 
BettaMommy531rip

My computer did something wierd to my last message. Here is the real message:
I know this is all really overwhelming! I keep trying to overthrow PetCo, but it's a chain store so.... that could be a bit difficult. You want to stop this sceevy man from hurting anymore defenseless fishies. If I were there with you we'd march right down to that store snap as many photos as we want, tape and write down everything we said to him and everything he said back, and finally shut this man DOWN!!! He doesn't deserve the money he earns. You need to find others who are dissatified with him and then raise up against him! If your town is a small town then he is probably among only a few petshops in town, you can probably find alot of people who don't like his business. Also call the BBB like I said before.
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #27 
BETTACHKALOVE

How about calling to the corporate of the store . I had this issue before with Wall mart. I spoke to the manager and she was very understandable about it. She gave me corporate phone #. When I called corporate , I explained to them the reason, but I also told them that I live in the neighborhood where we have a lot of families with children who usually go to the store . I also told them that now because of the dead fish parents don’t want to take children to the store, because of the cruelty… I lied to them of course thinking that reputation of the store would be important for them.

The person from corporate was really understandable and she recorded everything and they even call me back.

Somehow that store don’t sell any fish anymore. I think they had many complains about that so finally they made decision to stop carry animals. But it a little different situation because the store also was not equipped properly to care about fish…

Let me know if you need my help I can make a call and I can ask my friend make a call.
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #28 
JackisLost

i think by buying the betta in that said store, you are supporting that store. resist the urge to "rescue" betta's and they wont replace the betta's as quickly. less betta's being bought, less betta's being brought in the store?
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #29 
jman828

Whoah, I tuned out a while, +1 for everything said since i last was on this thread! That guy is terrible! And @Bettachkalove, I just saw a walmart fish department on Sunday, and it was terrible! Tiny tanks, cold water, plants laying on the bottom, and not even gravel, it was a gravel STICKER that only LOOKED like gravel....At this walmart, the fish were doing not too bad but just the set up disgusts me.
jman828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #30 
Sena Hansler

o_O sticker gravel? they make that? O_O
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote