Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #51 
Aus

OCCUPY PET SHOP. <-- best idea, ever.

My local fish store is also killing their fish. I am not physically able to do much, but I have left a nasty (and truthful) review on the store on its google listing page, and intend to call the owner to tell them how the sick bettas in tiny cups make the store look bad. If they respond rudely, I'll call the BBB and RSPCA. Maybe even PETA. ;)

Since the owner of your store is belligerent, a phone call or two to several authorities might help.

Have one of your friends (since he knows your face) dress in their best job-interview clothes, and walk around with a frown, a camera and a notebook, saying nothing at all to the owner (in this case, have her walk right in, snap a pic of the bettas, frown a bit, take a few notes and walk out). It unnerves bad pet store owners badly. I have seen stores start to keep cleaner cages after doing this.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #52 
Myates

Humane societies/SPCA work for all types of animals, and rescue all animals, regardless if they have fur, feathers or fins. I would look for a local one and ask what steps can legally be taken to make sure this guy treats the animals properly.
It's best to make sure you are doing such things with respect, even though you are seething inside.. more people will listen and help if you don't act like one of those off the wall animal rights activists. You want to make sure you properly take him out or make sure he abides by animal cruelty laws- if the store is shut down, he owns those animals and you will have to think of their welfare if he leaves as well.

Otherwise, a letter to the newspaper or a lot of local news stations have special segments for when businesses wrong people, you can check with them to see one has such a thing and report that store.

Good luck on everything, just remember- for every one store that you see doing such things, there are a hundred more out there. Sadly, we can't save them all.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote