Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #1 
Siigari

My Crowntail has white-tipped fins, not sure if this is normal

Okay here are a couple pics. This is Midnight, by the way. The first one is with the flash on, but lowered and covered so his eyes didn't get flashed. It shows a white tip on the flowing fins behind his pectoral fins. If you are able to zoom in, you can see very small whiteish dots on his pelvic fins. The second picture better highlights the white tips on some of his pelvic fins.

It's about 1 PM and he is extremely energetic, making fast little swimming motions in the middle of his tank and then coming to the glass to see me when I get close.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Attached Images

Siigari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #2 
Badjer

Please note that I may be wrong, but I have three crowntails who have this and it seems to be new growth on the fins. From his behavior, he sounds healthy and happy to me. (:
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #3 
Siigari

Awesome :D He's new, I just got him on Christmas, so I am glad he is healthy sounding. He slept next to the lucky bamboo last night, it was pretty precious to watch him just slumber in the jar.

He's so perfect ;D
Old 01-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #4 
eaglescout434

I have a crowntail (in my avatar) that has the same thing going on too. I believe that it is just new growth like mentioned before from being in a better enviorment and getting healthy! I love crowntails!!!
eaglescout434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #5 
Badjer

Haha be careful with the bamboo...unless all of the leaves are out of the water, it will begin to rot. Also, how large is his tank and is it heated?

I love CT's too...I made myself promise to get a different tail type next time though since I have three as is! XD
Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #6 
Siigari

It's a 10-gallon, heated and yes the leaves are out of the water ;3 I did my homework!

I have been placing some new things around his tank like the Hello Panda box and some other brightly colored things. He really likes to check them out ;D
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #7 
Badjer

Awesome! I love seeing new betta people who do their research. I didn't when I started, thankfully my boys seem to forgive me! XD