Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #1 
JayJo

Fin Rot - I BEAT IT.

HI GUIES:) I'm kind of getting the hang of being a Betta Momma butttt I just have to sayy...

My Betta, Lark, somehow got a bad case of fin rot.. Really bad. He barely had ANY fins left. And it was horrible because he is a gorgeous HM. His body shines, like literally shines. In the light, he's a baby blue and out of the light, he's a soft pink. His fins (before the rot) were the same baby blue then faded to a pastel maroon then back to a soft pink.. Well! His fins were totally ruined and gone so I did my research and I used Melafix faithfully, daily water changes, and then when the rot was gone, I used Stresscoat and POOF! Slowly but SURELY his fins are coming back WONDERFULLY. I'm so proud of myself. :) I don't have before or after pictures because the poor boy looked so horrible. But I'm so happy now. I did it! Haha. Just had to be proud of myself. :)

Do you guys remember your very first victory against a Betta disease?:)
JayJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:38 AM   #2 
Myrtaceae

I'm so happy for you & Lark! It's an amazing feeling to nurse a sick fish back to health. Keep that water clean & he'll have those gorgeous fins for a long time.
Myrtaceae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #3 
JayJo

Yess! Thank you! It's a great feeling. He's kind of my favorite haha:) He's still in his little 1/2 QT but soon he'll have 5 gallons to himself. I'm stoked for him!
JayJo is offline   Reply With Quote