Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #21 
Roxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlite View Post
I've been feeding my male veil tail betta Hikari Betta Bio-Gold for a few months now unaware of how bad the quality their foods has become. I was really shocked to find out it has wheat flour and fish meal, I can only assume those pellets will expand much easier with wheat flour being the ingredient.

I have already switched to feeding the rest of the tank NLS Freshwater Flakes and have noticed that my neon tetras and guppies seem healthier but I am still on the fence on whether I should buy the New Life Spectrum Betta Formula or Ocean Nutrition Atison's Betta Food.

Any suggestions or reviews would be helpful
If I had the choice between NLS Betta Formula and Atison's Betta, I would pick NLS all the way. NLS = better ingredients and does not use ethoxyquin.
Roxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #22 
dlite

Thanks, I guess I'll be sticking with NLS from now on. I do have one more question, should I buy my betta the NLS betta pellets or is it perfectly fine to feed him the NLS flakes instead?
dlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #23 
Roxy

Quote:
Thanks, I guess I'll be sticking with NLS from now on. I do have one more question, should I buy my betta the NLS betta pellets or is it perfectly fine to feed him the NLS flakes instead?
They have the flakes available simply because it's a matter of preference, but if you're asking for my advice - you should get the pellets instead of the flakes since flakes tends to expand in their tummy which may cause bloating.

Last edited by Roxy; 01-04-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #24 
dlite

Thanks a lot Roxy, if this forum supported reputations I would give you +1000000000
dlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #25 
Roxy

Quote:
Thanks a lot Roxy, if this forum supported reputations I would give you +1000000000
Aww thank you ^^' I try to help in the best of my ability.

Let me know how it goes!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #26 
Arashi Takamine

This was so generous of you. XD I already feed my fish the NLS small fish formula since mine all hated the bigger pellets of the Aqua Culture I had bee feeding...Lelouch will eat it without issue. Shockingly he prefers bettamin over Brine Shrimp too...He'll just spit out brine shrimp and stare at it. But the pellets and flakes he'll eat every time.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #27 
Roxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
This was so generous of you. XD I already feed my fish the NLS small fish formula since mine all hated the bigger pellets of the Aqua Culture I had bee feeding...Lelouch will eat it without issue. Shockingly he prefers bettamin over Brine Shrimp too...He'll just spit out brine shrimp and stare at it. But the pellets and flakes he'll eat every time.
Lol that's weird. I never tried feeding my betta brine shrimp... maybe I should get some this weekend and see whether he likes it or not.

Anyway, all the packages have been shipped this morning... so hopefully it'll be delivered sometime next week! :)
Old 01-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #28 
angiessa

Yay, mine got here today! Thank you so much, Roxy - Norman HATES the pellets I have because they're too big. As soon as I got your envelope I dropped a couple of these in. He gobbled them up and is still staring at me like "What? That's ALL??"
angiessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #29 
EvilVOG

i have to say, i like your keyboard.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #30 
Roxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiessa View Post
Yay, mine got here today! Thank you so much, Roxy - Norman HATES the pellets I have because they're too big. As soon as I got your envelope I dropped a couple of these in. He gobbled them up and is still staring at me like "What? That's ALL??"
That was fast ~ and awesome! :) glad to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilVOG View Post
i have to say, i like your keyboard.
Thanks! it's razer lycosa.