Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #11 
tpocicat

It's a good idea to leave a little light so that the male can see the eggs when they drop.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #12 
keith1964

Last night i notice little tails bouncing around in the bubbles, so now the eggs had hatched.
keith1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #13 
keith1964

This morning i discovered the breeding was scatters with fry floating on the surface, dad was just lying at the bottom. He attended to the fry but less as what he was with the eggs. At one stage the fry was swimming all around him while he was just lying in between the plants. This afternoon I removed him most of the fry was swimming all around the plants floating on the surface. Some fry dropped to the bottom but swam back to the water surface edging. There yolks sacs are becoming smaller by Sunday i will feeding them some liqui-fry.

It is a pity my digital camera is not here to take clear shots of this memorable occasion.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #14 
tpocicat

Congratulations.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:08 AM   #15 
bettalover2033

Wow. Congratulations on your first spawn!! I hope you have a wonderful experience. Also yes it would help a bunch if he could have the light on and see the eggs. Also make sure you have a lot of thick bunching plants in the tank. Try marimo balls. The fry love them and stick by them a lot to eat infusoria.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #16 
keith1964

the fry is now 3 days old and swimming very well. i inserted a small sponge filter and very low bubbles and fry have attached themselves onto the sponge. i have started feeding them liqui fry food. Male has died since removing him from the fry. His fins started to grow fungi only noticed to late as i had him inside my baby breeding net. it could have been changing him into a different water chemistry. i had him inside this tank before i had him inside the breeding tank. fry are enjoying the plants that i had inside the tank. i bought myself another male looks very young and mom is very active inside her container our temperature is very hot but cool inside our house.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #17 
tpocicat

Congratulations on the spawn. I'm sorry about your male though.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #18 
keith1964

My fry is now 4 days old and started to feed them newly hatched baby brine shrimp. I made myself a drip tray and started to fill these containers with clean water. My tank is half filled and by the end of the week it should be full. I have a grow-out tank that I will use. My first batch was not very big. At least as time goes on I will get better at this. Inside the spawning tank I have plants, heater and small sponge filter(running very low). How long do I continue to feed them newly hatched baby brine shrimp?
Old 01-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #19 
bettalover2033

I'm glad that your fry are doing great. To answer your question, I usually keep the fry on BBS (baby brine shrimp) until they are about 5 months old and even then I will feed them BBS with other foods. You should really give them a variety of other foods if you want. Though you don't HAVE to keep them on BBS until they are 5 months old.

If you want to wean them over to other foods that are dry (when they get older of course) I would suggest getting assorted brands of betta flakes and crush them up to feed them with the BBS in at least one feeding a day.

Hope I helped.

P.S.
I know I'm a bit late, but Welcome To the Forum.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:00 AM   #20 
keith1964

This morning I added back a snail to clean the buttom of the fry tank and remove the snail out at night. This morning I added more aged water into the fry tank by using the dripping method. The fry enjoy the drifting plants that I had left inside the breeding tank. I am going to prepare a growout tank for the fry, I currently have angels which I am selling back to the LPS.