Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #21 
keith1964

Fry is now 6 days old and enjoying the baby brine shrimp, i feed them live and frozen and i would alternate with liqui fry. In the morning and night i would add 1L of aged water into my dripping containers by the weekend my tank should be full and by next week start with water changes it that okay.
keith1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #22 
Bambi

Sounds great. Congrats on the spawn. a bit lat but sorry to hear about the. dad.
Do you have a rough head count of the fry?
Also, what color/tail types were the parents, out of curiosity(I like tomake guesses at the fry to be xD)

Hope you have continued good health in the fry. <3
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #23 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith1964 View Post
Fry is now 6 days old and enjoying the baby brine shrimp, i feed them live and frozen and i would alternate with liqui fry. In the morning and night i would add 1L of aged water into my dripping containers by the weekend my tank should be full and by next week start with water changes it that okay.

It sounds like everything is going as planned and smoothly. Great job. To answer your question, Yes that would be okay. That is actually very good and I'm glad your taking things so carefully!

I cant wait for some pictures.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:07 AM   #24 
keith1964

Male was blood red and female dark red with slight blue and green. Fry is now 7 days old and the water level should be by tormorrow night full and then next week start with water changes. I have a 20L bucket of water standing for almost a week with dechlorinator. During the day I put the snail back inside to do some clean up but remove at night. The batch was not that big could be about 30. The female looks still very young but the male looked a bit older as they just arrived at the LPS. The second male looks young and health has good finage.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:29 AM   #25 
alysalouise

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

What tail types were the parents?

Sorry to hear about your loss of the dad
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:55 AM   #26 
keith1964

I am still new at this my male's finage was quiet long. The minute I get my digital camera back I will take some shots. I have some pics on my cellphone but not so clear.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:30 AM   #27 
keith1964

Fry is 9 days old and very much active. Their tank is almost full by Sunday will start with water change, must I still continue with the drip tray method that I am currently using to top up the fry tank.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:51 AM   #28 
bettalover2033

If it is helping keep the fry at a stable temp and is efficieny, I would definitely keep the drip source there. It would be best for he fry and you dont have to worry about shocking them. Also try doing 30%-50% of water changes every other day or even everyday. The drip method might take too long to fill the tank if you continue to do very constant water changes as suggested.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:07 AM   #29 
keith1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
If it is helping keep the fry at a stable temp and is efficieny, I would definitely keep the drip source there. It would be best for he fry and you dont have to worry about shocking them. Also try doing 30%-50% of water changes every other day or even everyday. The drip method might take too long to fill the tank if you continue to do very constant water changes as suggested.
I have a 20L container of dechlorinated water standing for a week outside which I would like to use. Tomorrow i will just aerate this water. Will it be okay to use this water. It is summer here in Cape Town and hot and the water temp is okay. When I start with the 30% -50% water change do I continue with the drip tray method for the time.

Their is about 40 fry, first spawn of this female. I am keeping them inside this breeding tank and will later move them into 60cmm x 30cm x 25cm.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #30 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith1964 View Post
I have a 20L container of dechlorinated water standing for a week outside which I would like to use. Tomorrow i will just aerate this water. Will it be okay to use this water. It is summer here in Cape Town and hot and the water temp is okay. When I start with the 30% -50% water change do I continue with the drip tray method for the time.

Their is about 40 fry, first spawn of this female. I am keeping them inside this breeding tank and will later move them into 60cmm x 30cm x 25cm.
The water you have outside is fine to add slowly, but it doesnt have to be too slow. Just try to filter out as much bacteria and unwanted chemicals (if any) as possible.

Its really your own decision to keep or get rid of the whole drip method. I would probably get rid of it and. Just do he water changes carefully.

40 is a pretty good number for a new breeder female.