Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #31 
Weeknd

This is my new girl.
It's pretty plain color, I was wondering if you any of you think it might change color some more or if that could be it.
Attached Images

Weeknd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:19 AM   #32 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeknd View Post
This is my new girl.
It's pretty plain color, I was wondering if you any of you think it might change color some more or if that could be it.
She is a very pretty girl you have there. Yellows are kind of rare to find in pet stores and do vary in tail types. IMO i would say that she is done with changing color. Though only time can tell and who knows, but it is highly unlikely she will change anymore. She might just get more of the yellow color on her fins to spread a little more, but that's about it. From what I would guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Ah, my black wit blue iridescence female has black spots on her body much like alot of black laces i've seen.
i'm assuming blue laces are like that just more..blue, like the royal blue? Color names still confuse me a little as some are strain specific and such(like all black crystals are blacklace,not all blacklace are black crystal)
Well not really royal blue, but I would say it's more of a darker turquoise color that shines and is very noticeable especially with flash.

Also remember that all Marbles are Multicolors, BUT all multicolors are NOT marbles.

I agree that color names can be very confusing at times. Though it is to show ownership by the breeder. Usually names like "Blue Diamond" (meaning blue marble dragon) is just a name that breeders use when they have their own line. Though you would say why don't they just say blue marble dragon? They do this to be sure that the costumer remembers a unique name and can pass it on, thus making the name, breeder, and breed of fish/betta, very popular and the breeder will get lots more costumers and business.

Does that make sense?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #33 
tpocicat

I'm working to get really nice melanos, but since female melanos are sterile, I'm using the darkest female I've got, in the spawn that produced her however, there was some white and blue, so until my babies start to color up, I still don't know what I'm going to get.

My fry are two weeks old today! YAY!!! It looks as if I have around 25 or 30 healthy ones. Of course some are larger than others.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #34 
GreenTea

Awesome tpo :) You know I'm gonna ask... pics? It's pretty amazing, I keep thinking my older fry are so small, but now with these new borns I'm like WOW they've grown so much! It's pretty amazing.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #35 
Curlyfatbottom

Want to see the out come of those two fish.
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #36 
tpocicat

Thanks GreenTea and Curlyfatbottom.
As soon as I can get some good pics, I will post them. They are still eyes and tails, just a little bigger.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #37 
Bambi

Betta lover: haha I know WHY they have strain names, it just get's confusing after a while because so many simply become overused and then generally accepted as fact(like what happened to mustard gas. though none of the MG's anyone here has are from that original breeder it's become the go-to name for blue/yellow fish. x.x)
hehe and yeah, up until my current spawn i only bred marbles so I've become familiar with marble vs multies.

Weeknd: agree with bettalover, her yellow may spread a bit but she's very likely not going to gain any other colors. I haven't seen many yellows over here, congrats xD

tpocicat: from this spawn if you get a nice dark girl with not too much iridescence you could probably find a melano male to breed to her. But either way you're sure to get some lovely fishies.
My last 'line' had a tendency to throw alot of opaque whites xD so i suppose they do just pop up everywhere.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #38 
tpocicat

I believe my male is a melano, I just can't get a good picture of him.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #39 
Weeknd

Thanks for the answers bambi and bettalover.
Weeknd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #40 
tpocicat

I tried to take some pics yesterday, I think I might have a few good ones, just need to put them on my computer to see. They just look like little spots on the viewfinder on my camera.