Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #1 
LyzzaRyzz

Wierd growth on top fin..

Im uploading pictures of my bettas top fin, or at least the best pictures i can get of it.
He had some finrot when i got him, and im not sure whether his fin is supposed to grow back in like this. Insead of being one fin, its growing into three seperate wavy things.
Yesterday i thought i saw a parasite on him, so i gave him a salt bath, and its gone now, but im stil QTing him and letting all the gravel and decorations dry out for three days.

My question is could they be parasites? on the very tip of his top fin? it used to be a nice curl, but its growning so wierd! also, they tip, before the new growth/parasite is red. but on his other fins, his bottom one and tail, the "new growth was clear, and is now slightly grey/black/blue. It could be just color coming in, but hes a pale betta...

Ugh...my boyfriend thinks im crazy, sitting an inch from the tank with a flashlight, trying to get good pictures and to see this "growth" in detail...
Attached Images

LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote