Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #1 
LyzzaRyzz

Exclamation New "growth" on tip of dorsal fin, possibly parasites? Or really wierd fin regrowth?

I posted this before, but it seems it got lost, i cant find it anywhere! And if i cant find it, how can you?

So, ive noticed some wierd growth on the tip of my bettas dorsal fin..it used to curl nicely in a circle, but now, at the very tip, its red[hes a cream colored] and after that it looks like the fin continues, but its split into three parts. They dont wiggle separately like a worm would, its like the tip of his fin has whiskers..they are very small, about .5cm, but they are visible. I tried getting pictures, but they werent very good, but ill load em anyways.

Right now, ive gone through and taken everything out of his tank, so its bare bottomed, added 2tablespoons of aquarium salt, and taken the filter out. Last night, i noticed what looked like a little "hair" on his head, thought it might be parasites, so thats why i tore apart his tank, and since being in the salt water, the "hair" is gone.

Could his three pronged tail be three parasites?

I hope someone can help, Im such a worry wort!
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #2 
LyzzaRyzz

Whoops!

Forgot the pictures!
Attached Images

LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote