Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #1 
ArcticRain

Talking Introducing Aquaman! MANY pictures ahead!

I'm going to try and make this as short as possible... Yesterday, I saw a betta at Petco that I just fell in love with. I couldn't buy him right then and walked out of the store thinking about him. I thought about it all night and I went back and bought him today!

He has been there since before Christmas and his water was so gross. He has a touch of Fin Rot, but nothing a little TLC can't cure! He is now in his 2.5 gallon Mini Bow. I only have a plastic plant in with him right now, but I will get him some gravel and a cave soon!
I think that he is a White Dragon. But, his fins seem to be cellophane. His scales sorta have a pearly sheen to them and his eyes change color! What color is he?

So, now introducing Aquaman! Sorry the pictures are big! I tried to resize them!

Top View

His tank for now

With Flash

My Favorite Picture!

What do you guys think? Does he look healthy to you?
Thanks for looking!

Last edited by ArcticRain; 01-04-2012 at 10:42 PM.
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #2 
Betta Slave

He still looks like a bit of a juvie :P And yes, he looks pretty healthy! :) I can't see any obvious health concerns, haha.

Though he's not a HM, I'm sorry to say... don't trust Petco labels. :P And I'd call his color a cellophane dragon. He has some pastel to him, so pastel dragon would probably work too. :P
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #3 
ArcticRain

I thought he looked like a juvie... What do you think he will look like when fully grown? Do you think he will get a full mask?

Ooo, goodie. A cellophane dragon! I have never heard of those before.
I haven't seen him fully flare yet. I even tried to get him to flare at petco. The other Betta flared but, he didn't.

It was so cute when I first released him into his tank he was like "I see a leaf.... I want to touch it" then he would swim up to the leaf, touch it with his mouth and swim away really fast. It was pretty funny and sad at the same time. And when I tried to feed him he acted like he had never seen a pellet before. He ate it but, It took him a while

I also wanted to say that I am taking name ideas! Although I like Aquaman, If I find something I like better I will definitely use it! So, any name ideas?
Old 01-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #4 
Betta Slave

When he grows more, I'm afraid he probably won't gain a full mask, no... his scaling will probably (though can't guarantee) stay mostly the same. But he should gain some more pastels and such. :) If anything, when he's a full adult, his fins may be a bit more full and his operculum bigger. And his ventrals should be bigger, too. XD They're quite small. It's cute. :3

At least, I'm pretty sure he's not a HM. The second last picture looks like he's stretching his fins out, like they're almost flared- but I guess you'll have to see. XD haha

He sounds like a character :3

Last edited by Betta Slave; 01-05-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #5 
ArcticRain

He's got a personality. I can already tell he is going to be a camera hog the way these pictures turned out! But, I also think he is going to be more independent. I think he also loves his new plant. All he is doing is hiding in the leaves and having a staring contest with the heater...
Old 01-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #6 
Betta Slave

Haha. :) Yeah, I find plakats to have more personality than regular-finned bettas. Or maybe it's just me. But I prefer PKs. :3
Old 01-05-2012, 12:14 AM   #7 
ArcticRain

I agree with you! Halfmoon plakats and just normal plakats are my favorite bettas too! They are like the stand up comedians of the betta world. :)
Old 01-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #8 
Scruffy Nerfherder

You named him Aquaman? That is completely, utterly, and in all ways awesome.
Scruffy Nerfherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:10 AM   #9 
ArcticRain

Haha, I think so!! I thought that since he is, you know. A superhero. That he needed a secret identity... His code name....is squishy.. Hehe.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #10 
Scruffy Nerfherder

He is your squishy, and he will be yours, and he will be your squishy :p
Scruffy Nerfherder is offline   Reply With Quote