Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #1 
Kitty Whiskers

Unhappy RIP Greg my last Betta :(

Today I lost Greg my last Betta fish that I owned out of the 3 I bought all together 3 years ago. I had just set up a 10 Gallon tank a while back and it was done cycleing with 2 Corry Cats and all was perfect so I was going to put him in the aquarium tomorrow on Saturday after the 10 percent water change ect... But he didn't even make it that long to even go in the tank. He was fine last night in his other little home, water was good, temp was perfect etc he was active and ate well that day so I was excited and looked forward to leting him go in the big tank on Saturday tomorrow. I checked all the fish before I turned the lights off before bed and all were happily swimming around... But this morning when I woke up and went to turn the tank lights on, Greg was floating with his head near the surface of the water and his tail straight down twards the bottom. I have no Idea how he could have died just over night after 3 years he never once got sick or nothing :( I just moved to my new place and so we got a 10 Gallon just because of him and I was careful to cycle it and test the water for Ammonia, Nitrates, Nitrites and temp etc etc. It was finally ready for him, but now he will never get to enjoy it now. RIP My last old Betta fishie.
I will not give up on Betta fish ownership though. I will find me a new little Betta to love and care for. I have a big 10 gallon tank all ready for some new Betta that needs a new home. Greg would want me to be happy. :) I'll let you all know when I find him or her
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:32 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry for your loss of Greg.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:20 AM   #3 
Rex and Flower

You had him for 3 years. Wow that must of really sad when he died.

Sorry for you loss Kitty.
Rex and Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #4 
BettaMommy531rip

I'm so sorry. I know what it's like. Hang in there. You are right, Greg would want you to be happy. :)
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote