Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #11 
Sena Hansler

Try resting his flaring for a week. I had to make sure Shiloh was all healed up before attempting, and he is slowly regaining some flare movement on that one side.

Can you check closely on the supposedly injured side? flashlight, or magnifying glass usually works :) look for abnormal edges, strange coloring, excess slime coat (white), etc :)

And I know, the books always make it sound like rocket science

I'm wondering, if you could put your injured boy into the 2.5? That way he can heal without splitting open a wound on that side of the face. I have my bettas all in 3+ gallons unless they are in quarantine for healing purposes. I think it is up to you to choose which tank :p
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #12 
bahamut285

@Sena: That's not entirely correct, those compounds do not mingle with each other, they are byproducts of nitrogen-consuming bacteria.

@LoveMyBetta: I recommend this fantastic guide on how to do it successfully. I used this guide myself when I was first learning how to replicate it outside of a laboratory environment.

http://bettasplendid.weebly.com/cycl...r-dummies.html
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #13 
Sena Hansler

I didn't mean to say they mingled lol if it sounded like that D: they all work in the cycle... Here is a picture that says it better than I can -.-
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #14 
bahamut285

No no, it is an open system, not closed. How does a water change turn into food? LOL.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #15 
Sena Hansler

I have no idea wh that was labelled as aquarium cycle o_O eh. find a better picture I'm off.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #16 
LoveMyBettas8885

@Sena Hansler: Okay, I'll give him a break from seeing his brother all day everyday I have a quarantine tank I use for that kind of stuff so I think I'll put him in it. He's the one in my avatar, Pearly. I didn't turn the air pump on at all today and he's got a big bubble nest! I'm like yayyyy he's happy :)
PS I understand what you meant and I appreciate your explanation :)

@bahamut285: Thanks for the guide I'm going to take time to read it and learn everything I need to learn :)
LoveMyBettas8885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #17 
Jodah

Aquarium Cycle: Ammonia is "eaten" by good bacteria, these bacteria turn the ammonia into nitrite. Another form of good bacteria eat the nitrite and turn it into less harmful nitrate. nitrate is controlled when you do a water change.
Jodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
@Sena: That's not entirely correct, those compounds do not mingle with each other, they are byproducts of nitrogen-consuming bacteria.

@LoveMyBetta: I recommend this fantastic guide on how to do it successfully. I used this guide myself when I was first learning how to replicate it outside of a laboratory environment.

Cycling for Dummies - Betta Splendid

This guide was written by forum member PewPewPew.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote