Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #1 
AngesRadieux

Acclimating Issue

Today I changed Severus's water. I put him in the little cup he came in and once his tank was all set up again I decided to float him to get him used to the temperature and then gradually add some new water to his cup to get him used to the new water. I put his little cup in the tank and he seemed fine. But then I went back to add some tank water and his cup was tipped over, full of water that had gotten into it when it tipped, and empty. After a brief heart attack, I realized that Severus had decided to just swim out through the hole. I guess that means no more using his cup to acclimate...

Do any of you acclimate without using the cup? What should I put Severus in when I change his water since his cup apparently can't float properly? I'm already pretty paranoid about water changes since Salazar just upped and died after one for no reason I can think of, so I'm not too pleased about having to change my routine.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #2 
angiessa

I don't know if someone has a better idea, but I use one of those disposable plastic food bowls (like Ziploc) with a tight-fitting lid. I poked a few holes in the lid (nothing big enough to swim through) and it works pretty well. It floats at a bit of an angle, but doesn't tip over far enough to drown/smother the betta.
angiessa is offline   Reply With Quote