Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #11 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover View Post
MaisyDawgThirteen,
Yeah, I guess I'm being over careful! My Betta is not in there with them. He his in a Critter Keeper right now waiting to be put in one of my 10gallons with 4 Julli Catfish.(Im trying to upload a pic to show to get advice for hidey places but it says my kb is to high!) Right now,
In the 29 gallon tank I was asking for help in I now have:
4 Serpae Tetras
4 Blackskirts Tetras
4 Glofish
2 Black Mollies

Thanks for going to the extra trouble and putting in all my fish in the adviser :). Also, in your avatar you have a pic of a Teddy Bear (or Syrian-depends what they call them now :)) My sons hamster "Kat" actually just died on Sunday, she looked EXACTLY like yours!!! She was about 21/2 -3 years old.
Oh! I get it now. :) I'm kinda dopey sometimes. . . So, I'd add 2 more of everything except the mollies. When tetras aren't in a proper school, they can be a bit nippy.

No probs, I use the advisor obsessively! :D lol I'm so sorry about your hammie. They are wonderful pets! Mine is about 1 1/2 years old now. He recently had a bit of an accident and had to have both his bottom teeth removed by the vet. It's been a month since that and his teeth are fine now!
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #12 
Sena Hansler

That advisor site.... Told me what I can do with my 29 I didn't think I could do what I was putting on the advisor
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #13 
animallover

MaisyDawgThirteen,
Oh I have a lot of off days! Ok, so I will take your suggestion and add 1 of each (except the mollies) totaling to 5 for now and see how that goes for a bit. I just did a water change, so I will get more next week! Yea, Love hamsters. Lets see if I remember all my past little ones names: Squirmy-male,Snowflake-Female-Snuggles-Female,S.S. (Striped-slasher after slash from guns and roses,he was a long haired and grey and white stripes-I was 15/16 years old lol).Of course I have had 3 rats,3 rabbits,dogs,cats,hermit crabs,wild outdoor frogs in the past and now gerbils,fish and turtles! Haha I already mentioned this on the other post though :)
animallover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #14 
Sena Hansler

..... o.o your name doesn't lie. lol. I only have a guinea and 13 bettas (14 if I find a blue one today...)
Old 01-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #15 
animallover

Sena Hansler,
Ahh, I need to look at that site!!! I saw it once and never really thought it was any good to be honest! Good for you! I think I need to get a sig going along with figuring out pics of my pets!
Old 01-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #16 
Sena Hansler

o.o wait - what site? Totally a sig with all the animals ('lest you run out of room ) I'm getting a blue for an experiment... >< okay that sounded cruel and bad. The store here, 3 blue bettas have died so far from the same illness, so getting a blue I will have him in a 10 gallon, heated, and everything documented, in case he has it. it'll be a detailed thing and a "I know he has a 50/50 chance of getting it, so I'll be a hawk and watch 'em closely!!"
Old 01-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #17 
animallover

Sena Hansler,
I was agreeing to that Adviser site you mentioned about your fish that MaisyDawg mentioned! Never mind-I'm tired lol!!! Ahh good luck with your "Blue fish". Poor things the way they are kept at the stores! Could be breeders too! Are all your Bettas in their own tanks or split tanks? OH, community with girls? In all with my gerbils and fish tanks I have 9, well 10 until I put mint with the Jullis, but no one has commented on my new photos of it!!!I'm hoping its good because Im putting him in tomorrow!!! Oh, I had to keep shorting my sig ,too many characters lol!!
Old 01-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #18 
Sena Hansler

Yeah I like the site.. although it doesn't have certain tanks so I had to enter in my dimensions lol!!! Well, it isn't that the blue bettas are kept bad (actually all the bettas are), but it's that the breeder (accidentally) bred a defective gene (as I call it), and I'd like to do research on it. It involves nights, a camera, tons of GB, and a blue betta

I have each betta to their own tank (1.5 for Sarah, as she is in quarantine with extensive care), and a sorority of 4 in the 29.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #19 
animallover

Ok, I see :)!! Hmmm, in the very,very distant future maybe I will have a sorority too!
Old 01-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #20 
Sena Hansler

it's hard work! x.x And since my girls got massive somehow (I didn't feed them anything different! I swear!) I no longer can add Sarah or Suzi when they are healed because I'm afraid they'll be murdered x.x