Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #101 
BeautifulBetta

Awwww that DT is seriously adorable! How old are these guys now? If I counted right, they were born on December 28th? I may be totally off lol
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #102 
Fasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
DT's tend to have spinal issues anyway, it connected to the DT gene which is why you never breed DT to DT because it intensifies the xfactor or whatever. As long as he can swim and eat, look healthy and active, you should give him a chance.

If nothing else, he would be easy to adopt out if he has colors anything like his parents.

Ah, I didn't know that. I was gonna let him live unless he really has a severe spinal issue anyway. That was some handy information thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Awwww that DT is seriously adorable! How old are these guys now? If I counted right, they were born on December 28th? I may be totally off lol
Well, they were born about 2 days before that but they did hatched on the 28th.
Fasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #103 
tpocicat

I'm sorry about the bent spine issue.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #104 
Fasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpocicat View Post
I'm sorry about the bent spine issue.
Its k i can't really help it
Old 01-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #105 
BeautifulBetta

Lol well then! I'm just gunna watch your awesome photos of the babies closeup for now, my camera died on me. Kinda interesting though, our babies are exactly the same age lol, mine hatched on the 28th as well :)
Old 01-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #106 
Fasht

Cool! Feel free to indulge yourself with all your viewing pleasure. How much water change and how often do youdo yours? Howmany times and what food do you feed your fry? So maybe we can compare them and see which would make the fry grow faster
Old 01-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #107 
BeautifulBetta

I've been doing 50-75% water changes every day or second day. (Every second day if I'm too exhausted to do a day lol). As for food, I've got microworms, egg yolk, and BBS. I usually feed them 2-3 times a day. I don't feed them the same food for every meal though, I kinda alternate, like, egg yolk in the morning then MW at night, next day it'll be BBS and microworms, etc. It really varies haha. How about you?
Old 01-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #108 
Fasht

I do 50% water change every night and feed them with grindal worms. I stopped feeding them walter worms now cause they tend to ignore it and would rather eat the grindal worms.haven't tried egg yolks yet, but i have tried frozen chopped bloodworms and dried bloodworms and daphnia but no luck, same as flakes and pellets, they just spit it out. My fry are too picky eaters.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #109 
BeautifulBetta

I've never tried grindal or walter worms before, how easy are they to culture? I know MW are stupidly easy haha
Old 01-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #110 
Fasht

The walterworms are the same as microworms and for grindal worms you just need to buy a culture and add fish flakes or whatever you want to feedip it, i feed my grindal woprms dried blood worms and daphnia. I find that they grow konger and fatter compare to flakes