Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #161 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasht View Post
I don't think so, I'll post pictures prolly by the weekend, busy with school works and I have a test tomorrow.
Ah I see. On that I know how ou feel. Two weeks ago was the midterms for me and then last week was a horrible math test. School is just at its annoying stage at this time of the year and the annoying stage will come back to me in April.

(State Test)...
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #162 
Fasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Ah I see. On that I know how ou feel. Two weeks ago was the midterms for me and then last week was a horrible math test. School is just at its annoying stage at this time of the year and the annoying stage will come back to me in April.

(State Test)...
yeah tell me about it, just had my math test earlier this after noon and it sucked =(. hopefully I did well.

anyway here's 2 quick pics that I took, they're all big now and prolly like 5 runts in the spawn.
Attached Images

Fasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #163 
Kelly0727

They are looking good! You have been doing really well with them. Has that DT showed any color yet?
Kelly0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #164 
bettalover2033

@Kelly0727: I was JUST going to ask that same thing lol. I havent had a chance to see the DT.

Fasht says that they are even bigger than in the pictures. Now that is really amazing.

@Fasht: How many times a day do you feed them? You must do a LOT of water changes, no?
Old 02-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #165 
Fasht

The DT hasn't perked up as much, I mean it still has the almost the same coloring that it had before, kinda like a touch up red. I feed them atleast every 3 hours whenever I'm at home and I do 50% - 60% water changes everyday.one of the fry that I jarred really colored up good. I'll take a picture whenever I can, maybe tonight.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #166 
CoyoteBetta22

Hey had a quick question new to dragon bettas and really dont know how to tell a male from a female will the male still have larger fins or dose it not matter cause i just picked up another female im pretty sure will try and put up pics but im not sure and i dont wanna stress the fish out and also dont wanna take a chance of any dieing lol
CoyoteBetta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #167 
Fasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteBetta22 View Post
Hey had a quick question new to dragon bettas and really dont know how to tell a male from a female will the male still have larger fins or dose it not matter cause i just picked up another female im pretty sure will try and put up pics but im not sure and i dont wanna stress the fish out and also dont wanna take a chance of any dieing lol
well dragon bettas are pretty much about their scaling. There are dragon crowntail, halfmoon, veiltails and double tail. When it comes to female, females have shorter pectoral fins, compared to the male. Plakat males may tend to look like female Half moons because of their shorter fins but you can differentiate if you look at the pectoral fins and if there's an ovipositor
Old 02-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #168 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasht View Post
The DT hasn't perked up as much, I mean it still has the almost the same coloring that it had before, kinda like a touch up red. I feed them atleast every 3 hours whenever I'm at home and I do 50% - 60% water changes everyday.one of the fry that I jarred really colored up good. I'll take a picture whenever I can, maybe tonight.
This is the correct way to breed if you want good quality in your fry.

Many new breeders just don't understand that being lazy isn't really going to make the fry grow to their full potential. I'm glad you do!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #169 
Fasht

awe! thanks for the support! I love my fry it's really time consuming but I just love looking at them and caring for them.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #170 
bettalover2033

You really have to enjoy the hobby to tolerate all the time and frustration it consists of lol. It's definitely not a way to make a living. Unless you are WAY up there.