Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #201 
Kelly0727

I may try grindal worms for conditioning, but they are pricy! At least compared to the other worms on ebay they are.

I did the research for them though.. but still cant figure out how you know if the batch goes bad or when its time to start a new culture.. How do you know?
Kelly0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #202 
Fasht

Grindal worms maybe pricey but trust me they are well worth the money. My 30 fry live off of it and i feed them more than 3 times a day and i seem to just not run out of the worms, they reproduce like crazy. You don't really need to restart a culture cause i dont see them dying off for whatever reasons, maybe if you forget to feed them for a long time. My grindal batch that I bought isn't a culture it was ready to feed batch. The worms came with the soil and still lives in it, you can also divide the batch into seperate containers if you want to. Just make sure that you put fish food in it everyday for easier harvest.

Here's a link of the seller where i got my grindal worms http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...odl&1329103112

Last edited by Fasht; 02-10-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Fasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #203 
Kelly0727

Oh cool I'll have to order some then the next time I get paid. I could even feed thoes to my big guys! (african brown knifes) No more cutting earthworms for me!!

Around how old did you start giving grindal worms to the fry?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #204 
Fasht

Around the 3rd week I believe, it also depends on how big your fry are.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #205 
Fasht

It's their 46th day today and they've gotten really big and has mroe vibrant colors, all of them are healthy except for the 2 that has bent spine.
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #206 
Kelly0727

Look at their colors glow! Really love the colors in pic 6. He is a boy right? (im bad at telling the difference for fry lol) And looking to be a butterful :) With my fav colors! And is that one of the DT's i see?

How are the fry with bent spine doing?
Old 02-11-2012, 02:36 AM   #207 
bettalover2033

Oh my goodness! I want fry so bad. Especially after looking at these!! They are so pretty and really have nice color to them.

Last edited by bettalover2033; 02-11-2012 at 02:38 AM.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #208 
Fasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Oh my goodness! I want fry so bad. Especially after looking at these!! They are so pretty and really have nice color to them.
Heh thanks!, hows your conditioning going so far? I'm wondering what color is (not sure what pic number) they look kinda like gold/yellow color on them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly0727 View Post
Look at their colors glow! Really love the colors in pic 6. He is a boy right? (im bad at telling the difference for fry lol) And looking to be a butterful :) With my fav colors! And is that one of the DT's i see?

How are the fry with bent spine doing?
pic 6 - I'm leaning toward boy cause it sometimes chase them around, and his fins are getting longer. He's also the biggest of them all that's why he's the bully xD

pic 2 and 3 are the DTs, except that picture 3 is not giving us any justice cause of the bad shot.

The bent spine fry are doing great, I can't even tell which is which because they just blend in with everyone
Old 02-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #209 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasht View Post
Heh thanks!, hows your conditioning going so far? I'm wondering what color is (not sure what pic number) they look kinda like gold/yellow color on them
Yeah I think it's the first one that has the gold looking color on him/her.

The conditioning was doing great, but there was an emergency for me to go out of town. Though I should be getting A Super Red HMPK pair by next week or the following week then some giants and a whole sorority by the following week or next week.

So I think I'm going to hold off on the red and black hm dragons. Also their fins are separating like the caudal of Draco looks like someone had cut it with scissors. I am hoping that they will heal, but all three of my males have that happening. And is mostly the caudals. I think with some AQ salt, they will heal up correctly.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #210 
Fasht

I had that happend on one of my males and had never healed for some reason =(