Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #41 
Kelly0727

Haha is Florida nearby XD

I really need to get my hands on some worm cultures my self.. You fry seem to LOVE it in the pic :)
Kelly0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #42 
Fasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly0727 View Post
Haha is Florida nearby XD

I really need to get my hands on some worm cultures my self.. You fry seem to LOVE it in the pic :)
yeah sure I'll start walking right now, be right there in 12031890 days lol. They sure do love them worms!
Fasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #43 
Kelly0727

Haha ok see you in about 100 years or so! XD

The fry still doing good? I'm so excited to see how they turn out when bigger :) I keep finding myself looking back at your other pics lol
Old 01-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #44 
Fasht

Heh, Thanks for your support kelly, sadly one fry has passed but other than that they're all doing alright. I'm actually happy that I started feeding grindal worms (bigger worms for bigger fry to adult) today and they love it, even the small fry were trying to munch them, but its too big to fit in their mouth lol.

Here are some more pictures!
Attached Images

Last edited by Fasht; 01-15-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #45 
Kelly0727

Aww poor little fry, at least now he can be with all the other loved bettas that has passed away.

The fry in the 3rd pic looks big 0_0 or maybe its the position of the pic taken? Reguardless they are getting big! I bet they loved thoes worms lol I could watch them all day eating worms if I was actually able to XD To Cute!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #46 
LittleBettas

Oh my, how cute!!! You make me want to start breeding NOW!!! lol
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #47 
bettalover2033

I love this thread. I have a trio of them from DarkMoon17 as well. Though I am conditioning again and the next attempt would be my third.

Your fry are really nice. Also in the most recent pictures, I can see some developing the stress stripes across their bodies.

You're doing a great job. How old are they?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #48 
Fasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly0727 View Post
Aww poor little fry, at least now he can be with all the other loved bettas that has passed away.

The fry in the 3rd pic looks big 0_0 or maybe its the position of the pic taken? Reguardless they are getting big! I bet they loved thoes worms lol I could watch them all day eating worms if I was actually able to XD To Cute!
Your right, that guy is the biggest in this batch and they do love them worms lol. Yeah i wish i could watch them all day but, school just started and i'm already bombarded with stuffs to do it sux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post
Oh my, how cute!!! You make me want to start breeding NOW!!! lol
You should! Its fun but takes lots of time though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
I love this thread. I have a trio of them from DarkMoon17 as well. Though I am conditioning again and the next attempt would be my third.

Your fry are really nice. Also in the most recent pictures, I can see some developing the stress stripes across their bodies.

You're doing a great job. How old are they?
Ahh, keep trying! Its worth it. Is the stress stripes good? Or does that mean that im doing something wrong though you've mention im doing great lol.

It's their 20th day today and getting really big cause i up'ed the water change. From 20% wc to 40% i might do a 50-70% water change to see if theres a significant change with their growth.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #49 
Kelly0727

I agree with Littlebettas It makes me want to have my bettas spawn now too! But I know I have to wait since they are still being conditioned :) Maybe the biggest guy will show his colors first? ^_^ I cant wait to see the colors!

Just curious but how does your worm cultures work exactly.. I've tried reading up on them but everything says to buy the culture and read the directions that come with it -_- like thats much help! Could you give me some insight on how it works? Keeping it alive? If it was hard or not to get it going? Just your expirence for a new breeder? :)
Old 01-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #50 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasht View Post
Your right, that guy is the biggest in this batch and they do love them worms lol. Yeah i wish i could watch them all day but, school just started and i'm already bombarded with stuffs to do it sux.

You should! Its fun but takes lots of time though.

Ahh, keep trying! Its worth it. Is the stress stripes good? Or does that mean that im doing something wrong though you've mention im doing great lol.

It's their 20th day today and getting really big cause i up'ed the water change. From 20% wc to 40% i might do a 50-70% water change to see if theres a significant change with their growth.
Well stress stripes on them just means tat they are getting older. Yes you are doing a good job. Its nothing bad.

Its a bit frustrating, but im hoping that 3rd time is really the charm.

I want to see how they are soon.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote