Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #1 
Dali Kalak

10-Gal Community Progress!

Hey guys! I haven't been on this forum in a while but here's a little update on my two buddies. :)
At first, I set up an awesome 10-gal for my two bettas, Levi (red crowntail male) and Irwin (blue delta male). I had a screen divider between them. I bought a nice heater and nice filter with adjustable current. Live plants, super sweet decor, my whole polished rock collection... this tank is LOOKING GOOD!
But then Irwin started getting too stressed out from the current, since he was on the side with the filter. So I moved him into his own heated 1 gal bowl where he now lives happily in his bachelor pad, lol.
Levi and the tiny nerite snail live in the heavily planted 10-gal now, enjoying their new mansion.
Today is the day my tank has been cycling for two months with just Levi and the snail. So I bought two spotted cory catfish to go with them. Levi didn't want to murder them (whew!) but sadly one didn't acclimate very well and died.
So, I have a male betta, 1" spotted cory, and snail. What else can I put in it? It's heavily planted, like I said, and the bottom is very rocky and uneven. There's lots of nice hiding places.
I'm going to pick up two more corys at the store tomorrow, so the little cory won't be alone for long. I was thinking of getting mollies, what do you guys think?

Here's an up-to-date-just-taken-five-minutes-ago pic of my tank.
Dali Kalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #2 
fishy friend2

cories are schooling fish so they need a minimum of 4 to 5 so i think that you should take the spotted corie back and get 5 to 7 neon tetras then watch your water parameters so you can monitor the ammonia, to make sure that it does not spike. and then after a week or two you could go and get 2 to 3 endlers livebearers
fishy friend2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #3 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Get 3 more cories as they are schooling fish.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #4 
kfryman

I wouldn't really think the substrate is appropriate for cories in the first place. I would suggest either tetras or rasboras instead.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
community tank, cory catfish