Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #21 
HOTPOKKIT

She can be pregnant at ONE month old.

Guinea pigs are known for very difficult births. She could not live through the(likely) pregnancy.
HOTPOKKIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #22 
HOTPOKKIT

Then you bought her knowing that you might have to treat her. No sympathy here.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #23 
Sena Hansler

ahh okay, thanks for the heads up :)

Oh, you know why I'm in a tight spot? :o my roommate SCREWED ME OVER >< after I got the little guinea Suddenly he is moving THIS February, which I had to hear "froma friend who overheard it" and it ends up true -.- If I had known previously he would have done that, I probably would have waited for anything else.

And HOTPOKKIT, then don't reply. If you are no help, don't post. I already mentioned I found out about the vet payment plan they have here. I'm not stupid enough to risk her.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #24 
HOTPOKKIT

Cool story bro.. you should still have a vet fund. May want to keep that in mind..
Old 01-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #25 
Sena Hansler

I shall, don't worry. However, she is super active in the mornings =D hoorah for being a morning person x)

Okay, so I'm looking for: nothing dyed (I know that I never get dyed junk), aspen bedding...

Also I am used to any guinea I've seen with a cold, have both eyes watery o_O I'm wondering if she could have poked her eye with the straw they put in there -.- I'm removing it either way.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 01-07-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #26 
HOTPOKKIT

Aspen can still cause reactions in some animals. Carefresh is dusty. There is a bedding called Ecobedding that is hypoallergenic.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #27 
Sena Hansler

Thanks! That could also be the cause of her sneezing. Once I got her out into a more ventilated place (upstairs rather than a room), she wasn't too bad with a couple sneezes like something was stuck in her nose >.< I'll find the Ecobedding instead and see how she fairs with it
Old 01-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #28 
dramaqueen
Banned

HOTPOKKIT, I'm sure Sena appreciated your advice but could you give it in a less confrontational way please. I would appreciate it. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #29 
Sena Hansler

Thanks Dramaqueen

and I don't know anyone who owns a guinea, but HAS own a guinea o_O which is why I thought pine was okay, as everyone's guineas lived with pine (excluding that guy who had his for "months and months" no advice from that guy ><) But I'll look for the hypoallergenic bedding right now, I've tossed out the pine stuff, and put a towel in there... she's curled up and falling alseep :o which now is my cue to go out and find her good stuff ;) Hopefully she was just having allergies. they use pine in the stores too o.o;; for all critters of small sorts
Old 01-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #30 
HOTPOKKIT

She could have a URI from being brought up on pine. #1 rule of small animal health: Don't mess with the poos, eyes, or lungs.