Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #41 
Luimeril

my bunny likes being petted in general, but she loves it when i scratch between her ears the most. she'll actually nudge my hand till it's on top of her head if i stop petting her. xD
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #42 
kathstew

If Honey's eye is still bothering her, you can get PLAIN saline solution eye drops and use that. It will help flush anything in her eye that is bothering it, out.
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #43 
Sena Hansler

Thanks Kathstew!!! I'm thinking she has the same reaction to pine, like I do to sawdust..it gets in my eyes and huuurts and makes them red, and watery... and I sneeze alot x) So yeah, if anything I'll use your suggestion to get whatever it is out of her eye. She's doing pretty good though ^.^

Lol Luimeril I had that happen today. I was watching TV with her on my lap, and she climbs up to my chest and nudges beneath my hand as if to say "hey! you stopped petting me"
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #44 
kathstew

No problem! A lot of people get similar things wrong with their reptiles (I'm a reptile fanatic lol), and plain saline solution eye drops can work wonders when things get stuck in their eyes, like stuck shed, sand, buggy pieces etc.

Honey is very cute. Good luck with her. I hope she continues to improve. I would consider reporting your pet store though if they continually get sick animals. Whether its their fault or their suppliers (in which case they shouldn't be buying from those suppliers). Is it the same store where you get the sick bettas from?
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #45 
Sena Hansler

It is but they have different suppliers... Actually, 50% of guineas (these three included in the 50%) are from families who no longer can care for their animals. about 30% of dogs and cats are the same. I've recommended the store's breeder hamster pair's babies - their genetics have calm, friendly hamsters, and they are actually easier to handle and train than any of the others they get in :o

I used to work there xD I know some things here and there.. Like, I would have loved a bunny, however they get to a whopping size unless they are dwarf bunnies... I will however, mention to him that Honey was allergic to the pine, and to check her sister and the male to see if they are acting up too
Old 01-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #46 
Luimeril

you can hold yours, though. Mocha's very scared of the world outside her pin and cage. x: and HATES being picked up. she used to Kangaroo kick, and it'd hurt, but now that she's so big, i'm scared she'll break a rib, or something. o.0
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #47 
Sena Hansler

I know what you mean o_o they made me clean the giant freaking rabbit's cage. After in the other cage, the itty bitty male bunny attacked me >< kicks... HURT D: I ended up using the blanket method on any of the nippy/kicky creatures ><
Old 01-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #48 
Sena Hansler

So, I believe saline is just sold in drugstores right? I know nothing of saline xD I've looked it up: swelling, watery, redness = dust particles or foreign object in her eye. she is talking to me now, and wandering around :)
Old 01-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #49 
BettaGirl290

i would own rodents and birds if my dad didn't said they stunk or caused too much noise -_-"
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #50 
Laki

Saline is available everyhwhere. You'll find it with Vicks products and cold and allergy things. Check to make sure its plain though. I used saline for my bunny when she had her tooth removed (and she had retrobulbar in her eye which was nasssty) it worked wonders :)
I wouldn't feed canned fruit at all! Too much sugar and possible preservatives. 1 pear should cost you more than 50 cents. And you can feed her a couple treats from it. My bunny's favorite fruits are pears and apples but bc they're high in natural sugars I keep it to a minimum. :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote