Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #1 
Maple

Sorority Day 1

I`ve learned a lot by reading on the forum, but I`m new to posting. Today I brought home four crowntail girls from my LFS and combined them with my existing single veil tail, Thida, from Petsmart.

I put them all in a 10 gallon I had set up. Thida was living in a 3 gallon and is not impressed to have moved house or to share . The other girls were all living together at the LFS so don`t mind roommates.

First is a pic of my cycled tank showing the CT`s in the mini container the LFS lent me and Thida in her bag acclimitizing. I have since added more plants.

2nd pic is a close up of everyone acclimitizing. Then the individual pics of the girls. Note Thida`s look of horror at her new lifestyle. I don`t have names for the others, but my male (different tank of course) is named Sabhai after a local Thai restaurant and Thida is named for a Thai restaurant off the net. I`m open to suggestions.
Attached Images

Maple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #2 
Maple

The four girls that already knew each other are very easy going, but Thida has made it obvious that she is the boss. You can see her coming up on the blue CT in the last pic. I can`t seem to get a nice pic of that girl. She moves too fast. So far Thida just pushes the others around if they are in her way and there have been no other issues.

I`m waiting for my LFS to get some plants in or this tank would be even more planted. I did add a few plants after these pics.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #3 
betta lover1507

OMG THERE SOOOO CUTE!!!!! >-< i love CT girls but i don't have one >.> i only have a PK, VT, and SDT (super delta, pretty awsome) girls. i would love to start a sorority, right now there in a community -_- right now my VT girl is in a spawning tank, my SDT is in a small tank from recovering by jumping over a divider into a male side (not going to specifics why :P), and my PK is in the community with my brother two girls
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #4 
kathstew

Very cute, I wish you luck with your sorority. One of your girls looks like one of my very first bettas, Drama Queen. <3

In the future, you should always quarantine any new fish for a minimum of 7 days before adding them to the tank. They could be carrying an illness which can be added to the rest of your tank.
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #5 
Maple

Thanks guys! I was a little confused as to how to QT them. The four girls were accustomed to living together at the store and I didn`t think it wise to separate them for a QT period in case they decided they preferred living alone.

I also didn`t have a large enough tank to keep them together, but separate from my existing girl. I`ve read it`s important to put everyone into the tank at once and didn`t want anyone developing ownership on the ten gallon. Otherwise I could have just placed them in there and put my existing healthy fish (I`ve had her for a few weeks) in later. (Maybe that would have been best??)

Originally I thought I`d be buying all the girls separately and QTng them in mason jars for awhile. My plan was thwarted, but I was pleased to score girls that were already used to each other and three that are likely sisters.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #6 
Fawnleaf

Beautiful tank and gorgeous girls! :) Good luck!!!
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote