Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2012, 01:20 AM   #91 
Sena Hansler

Ahh so I'm not crazy... >.> okay, well I mean I'm not a lunatic :3 It's better now for me, what about you?
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #92 
LittleBettas

Actually yes, lol, thank goodness, there must have been a lot of people logging on or something
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #93 
Sena Hansler

I think so...all day o_O or they were updating. that too.
I got my two guineas today. underweight BADLY, probably were not fed veggies very much. Poor Creature (roomie named her...she is ginger/white with red eyes x.x) has a rash on her rump, a sore on her foot, underweight, her back hurts, she moves stiffly... She needs to see a vet here soon. The other gal, Panda of the Opera (hehe guinea site user gave me the name idea!) who has one black eye like a panda, then the other side is a mask :3 she is super underweight, a sore on her foot, but otherwise healthy.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:45 AM   #94 
LittleBettas

AW, poor girls, I would of hated to of dealt with the owners >
Im glad they are now with a good person and can be healthy like they are suppoced to be
... make sure you post pictures of the babies... and give them a carrot from me
Old 01-21-2012, 02:28 AM   #95 
Sena Hansler

They came, dropped them off, left. I checked on the guineas, sat with the top of the cage off, and saw how Creature kept trying to bite me because of a sore spot on her back/side. So, I just ran my hand along, checking everything else, and same with Panda. Considering I've worked with guineas, I know what doesn't seem right... also, are their nails supposed to be a yucky yellow? o_O my Honey has white. I've seen black nails too... not icky yellow.

these are MY "ratties". the closest to a rat we'll ever get in alberta :3 asides from mice. In order: Creature, Panda, Honey.
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2012, 02:45 AM   #96 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
They came, dropped them off, left. I checked on the guineas, sat with the top of the cage off, and saw how Creature kept trying to bite me because of a sore spot on her back/side. So, I just ran my hand along, checking everything else, and same with Panda.
Seriously? WOW.... people amaze me... I hope they never get a pet again... they obviously do NOT deserve one

Quote:
Considering I've worked with guineas, I know what doesn't seem right... also, are their nails supposed to be a yucky yellow? o_O my Honey has white. I've seen black nails too... not icky yellow.
The only time I have seen yellow nails is with animals with white nails (and fur) who have been sitting in urine for extended periods of time.... poor babies

Quote:
these are MY "ratties". the closest to a rat we'll ever get in alberta :3 asides from mice. In order: Creature, Panda, Honey.

AW, they are all so CUTE... Honey really is tiny!!!
I have actually never gotten to see a long haired guinea in person... Im so jealous... Im glad they have a good home though
Old 01-21-2012, 04:02 AM   #97 
Bombalurina

They are SO CUTE! I would never have a guinea pig over a rat, but they are absolutely adorable. :) I wouldn't mind having one as well as a rat... :P

Dear me, when I leave home, the pets I will no doubt end up having (all adopted from poor homes or the RSPCA, of course)...rats, mice, lizards, frogs, rabbits, birds, insects, and, of course, fish...
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #98 
Sena Hansler

That makes sense for their nails. They REEK so bad... I have never even smelled a store guinea to be this bad. I need to find either aspen or carefresh...or something like it. The walmart here has expensive paper stuff for a small bag that wouldn't fill their cage x.x

They were allergic to these cuties - and even when messaging me, they were blunt, to the point, and fast to reply. Usually I see people saying "I love them so much but my husband has allergies" or something. Nope. just "2 guineas, free, cage, accessories." >< All well. I would have separated Creature, but she was very upset I removed her buddy for bath time! Otherwise Honey and Panda would be together, and she'd be in a "quarantine" to avoid injuries.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #99 
Rosso1011

Bombalurina... I feel the same way about rats. One you have one, it's hard to replace that interaction. I know I am apparently way late on this one, but even though the martin cages are all mesh, there are ways to cover it up for rat foot safety... just that it can be a pain if you end up with a larger cage. My concern though, is if I get something that has different material for the upper floors or at least the stairs is a big concern, will they be able to chew through it?
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #100 
LittleBettas

Quote:
That makes sense for their nails. They REEK so bad... I have never even smelled a store guinea to be this bad. I need to find either aspen or carefresh...or something like it. The walmart here has expensive paper stuff for a small bag that wouldn't fill their cage x.x

They were allergic to these cuties - and even when messaging me, they were blunt, to the point, and fast to reply. Usually I see people saying "I love them so much but my husband has allergies" or something. Nope. just "2 guineas, free, cage, accessories." >< All well. I would have separated Creature, but she was very upset I removed her buddy for bath time! Otherwise Honey and Panda would be together, and she'd be in a "quarantine" to avoid injuries.

Sad thing about volunteering at shelters... you see that kind of stuff ALL the time :-/ its amazing the conditions people keep their pets in.... and its even more amazing how litle some people can care for another living animal

I used to get the stuff at target... not sure if you have one, but they have occassional sales and sometimes Id by lucky to find the carefresh cupons (it was to expensive otherwise, which is why I used the recycled purina newspaper pellets)

You can try washing her down with a baby wipe for now... but you will probably need to wash the injuries with something else.... and the baby wipes will only help a little.... just enough to get some of the ickies off without stressing her out to much