Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #101 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
Bombalurina... I feel the same way about rats. One you have one, it's hard to replace that interaction. I know I am apparently way late on this one, but even though the martin cages are all mesh, there are ways to cover it up for rat foot safety... just that it can be a pain if you end up with a larger cage. My concern though, is if I get something that has different material for the upper floors or at least the stairs is a big concern, will they be able to chew through it?
I did mention I used to know someone who made them... covers for the bottoms.... I just for the life of me can't find her contact info to see if she still makes them or if she can tell mehow

there is a specific material that you can use... they will still chew it, but its a bit slower.... its lke fleece or something?
Im not sure, I use it to make tug toys for flybal
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #102 
Sena Hansler

I found Creature does not like Honey x.x also is there any other stuff to use, other than carefresh stuff? Here it's pretty expensive for stuff like it, for a small bag that won't fill this cage. I cannot find aspen. We have tons of unbought cedar and pine -.- lol.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #103 
LittleBettas

Aw... maybe she'll warm up once she's feeling a bit better? :-/

You can always try online... I found this site that has Carefresh on sale:

http://www.petmountain.com/product//...t-bedding.html

I also know that alot of people will lay down fleece on the bottom of their cages... its easy on the piggies feet, you can simply brush off poop and wash the blankets everynow and then (I don't know if your guineas are the same way, but mine have always chosen a spot to do the majority of their pooping and all of their peeing.. so where they went I would set up folded newspaper or towels)

Awesome cages and the fleece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VdR6...eature=related

Fleece is honestly the cheapest way to go since you never stop using it...
Old 01-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #104 
Sena Hansler

I've used a fleece blanket I don't use anymore, for Honey :3 she loves the feel on it... I may need to use it for these two girls, because of their feet. I want to make sure to have something cushiony And hopefully Creature is just in her monster phase because she hurts all over.

Also, they make lovely bag/fridge alarms. "SQUEE SQUEE SQUEE!!!" -they stare intentively at me- O_O
Old 01-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #105 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I found Creature does not like Honey x.x also is there any other stuff to use, other than carefresh stuff? Here it's pretty expensive for stuff like it, for a small bag that won't fill this cage. I cannot find aspen. We have tons of unbought cedar and pine -.- lol.
Not sure of exact brands but you can try finding corn cob bedding, I've heard of cotton-based bedding, if you can find something that is similar to carefresh (made from recycled paper or cardboard) that would be just as good. The big thing with pet care is to stay away from aspen and pine. Also, be careful with wood shavings, because some small pets have allergies to it. One of my girls did not care for wood shavings and would sit there sneezing.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #106 
Sena Hansler

Yeah Honey is allergic to pine, and the owners before me of the two girls said they too were allergic.

I have an idea, to change the closet I have (nice, 5 by 5!! into a guinea room. the high shelves can hold any supplies, and then I need to find what to lay down on the bottom, since there is carpet -.- and cover the corners so they don't chew the walls
Old 01-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #107 
LittleBettas

Quote:
I've used a fleece blanket I don't use anymore, for Honey :3 she loves the feel on it... I may need to use it for these two girls, because of their feet. I want to make sure to have something cushiony And hopefully Creature is just in her monster phase because she hurts all over.

Also, they make lovely bag/fridge alarms. "SQUEE SQUEE SQUEE!!!" -they stare intentively at me- O_O

Hopefully... fingers crossed!
And AW.... they sound so cute!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #108 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Yeah Honey is allergic to pine, and the owners before me of the two girls said they too were allergic.

I have an idea, to change the closet I have (nice, 5 by 5!! into a guinea room. the high shelves can hold any supplies, and then I need to find what to lay down on the bottom, since there is carpet -.- and cover the corners so they don't chew the walls
I think most are allergic to it.... I have actually yet to hear of one who wasnt, lol....
Lol... good luck with the piggie closet!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #109 
Sena Hansler

Well my bf had his family's ones in pine, my friend's had hers in pine, without a problem. Then again they also never gave them hay. Or many veggies. >.> And me being me my animals get the best care :3 a room to play in, I'll be making some stuff out of fabric for them (tunnels and maybe a fabric/cardboard playpen?), veggies each day... except Honey won't eat veggies.

Here's a question... anyone's ratties act like fridge alarms?? xD
Old 01-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #110 
Bombalurina

To hark back to ratty bedding - I use lino to cover all my shelves, even though they are solid plastic. It's pretty tough, it only gets slightly chewed and it is SO easy to clean. I used to use towels, and trying to scrape off the results when someone ate too much lettuce....ugh. With lino you can wipe it clean even more easily than plastic. Plus, it's really cheap. I floored both halves of my Furet Tower plus 7 shelves with 2 square metres.

My rats don't immediately twig when someone opens the fridge, but they sure do know when lunchtime is...
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote