Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #11 
VikingPrincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
It's because it technically is a genetic mutation. They don't want to risk introducing any associated health problems into the rat population here.

Aren't they the best pets ever? I bought them a box of tissues yesterday, and Richelieu spent the whole afternoon pulling the tissues out, covering the other boys and jumping on them. =) So cute. <3
Oh,I get it...I think. For example hairless ratties are more prone to illnesses and sicknesses then furries.

Oh they are! Super cute,playful,fun and affectionate. Best little guys ever.
Mine loooove tissues and tissue boxes. I often give them cereal and cookie boxes too,they love em'.
VikingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #12 
VikingPrincess

Yes,Alberta is the only Canadian province that claims they are 'rat free'.
Just one reason I never wanna go there......I don't wanna go where pet rats are not welcome.
VikingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #13 
Sena Hansler

We had one actual wild rat stowaway.... let's just put it, between winter and traffic rats in the wild don't last long here anyways. But yeah... my friend was confused because we have "Soft Fur Rats" and one American Rat thing, but we aren't supposed to have rats... "oh, THOSE are not classified as rats"... then why are they called rats? -.-
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #14 
Bombalurina

It's such a shame you aren't allowed them as pets, Sena! I couldn't live in Alberta, forget swapping locations. :p We aren't allowed ADFs here for the same reason, though - authorities are worried people are going to release them into the wild. With good reason, I suppose, since year before last fishermen found an albino oscar in a local lake. I have no idea how the poor thing survived winter. It's not exactly Norway here, but we still hit below freezing at night.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #15 
Sena Hansler

albino oscar?! wow. We had one in the store here - HUGE fish. scared my dog out of her wits though x.x And I didn't think ADFs could survive the wild...? huh. weird. o.o Well, here you can see king snakes, corn snakes, milk snakes, etc all slithering around here and there during spring and summer. Why? because people are ignorant and release them "cuz they can't care for them" or "they don't want them no more". I almost caught the king snake one poor things surely died in the winter :(
Old 01-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #16 
Pitluvs

I love seeing someone who knows what a "heart rat" is! I currently have 5 boys, Bobby (top ear siamese), Loki (capped grey dumbo), Ash (American blue hooded top ear with odd eyes), Stitch (black hooded top ear) and Jimmy (beige self top ear). I've owned rats since 2003, and always had them. Sadly, these will be the last of my boys as I really don't have much space left for my massive Ferret Nation cage lol

You have some lovely babies, so many dumbos! I love Caoimhe. You don't happen to be on The Rat Shack?
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #17 
Bombalurina

I wish I had a cage as compact as the Ferret Nation! I have the Ferplast Furet Tower, and it is HUGE.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #18 
LittleBettas

I love rats
My younger sister has always had one or two growing up, once she gets her apartment, she's planning to start getting back into them...
I have actually never had my OWN rat, but I have fostered rats (and rabbits, mice, hamsters and ferrets... etc) for local shelters
and I have to say... they are ADORABLE....
so stop trying to tempt me into getting my own!
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #19 
Sena Hansler

we'll never stop tempting you :3 it's like the betta bug. if you're bit - that's it!
Old 01-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #20 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
I wish I had a cage as compact as the Ferret Nation! I have the Ferplast Furet Tower, and it is HUGE.
Dude, that cage isn't much bigger than mine LOL Mines not as deep but just as tall/wide. I have the full double story Ferret Nation. Pain in the butt honestly. Built amazingly but I hate the shallow pans and I'm not about to shell out another $100 for aftermarket ones.

Tradesies?

And it's exactly like the Betta bug, but worst. There are many more rats needing homes than Bettas.

remember, pairs+ only! No singletons

Last edited by Pitluvs; 01-18-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote