Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #21 
Sena Hansler

very true!!

Bombalurina, very time I see your avatar I go "nyawwww" because they are cute. not the evil red eyed movie version lol!!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #22 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
we'll never stop tempting you :3 it's like the betta bug. if you're bit - that's it!
Noooooo!!!!!
Lmao... I went with my sister about a week ago to look at some baby rats from a local breeder (local to her, lol)... OMG, she fell in love with a little black one... I wanted them ALL.... I have a feeling within the next few months I will end up with two babies.... or more..... <3

And agreed, there are a lot more ratties needing homes then bettas.... rats and ferrets don't come through the shelters very often (its nice when they do though!)... one of the few animals I would ever want to get from a breeder (my sister has always gotten adult rescues.. I think it high time I experianced some baby rat love!)

Last edited by LittleBettas; 01-18-2012 at 08:00 PM.
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #23 
PaintingPintos

I wanted rats but of course my parents are terrified of them... I want to live in your house O.O
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #24 
Pitluvs

There is nothing more amazing than baby rats <3
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

There is way my mother would go for me having rats. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #26 
Pitluvs

Has she ever seen on in person?? With the tail covered? I've converted many people :P
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #27 
Sena Hansler

yeah it's usually the tail that gets them! why? o.o It's just a tail. -I don't see the reasoning behind disliking the tail nor the cute beady eyes- x.x

And I have noticed that ferrets here, seem to take SO long to find a home, from the store. Even after being discounted. Plus, they should NEVER be separating a pair, whether brother/sister, or actual mating pair because they did that when I worked there...someone got the female, and left her brother behind. The attitude that flies at you and scars (your hands) from a lone ferret is just...yikes!! I have the scar to prove it. Through wool gloves.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #28 
LittleBettas

Lol, I used to have a problem with the tails... but its hard not to be won over by them, lol

I had a pair of ferrets I adopted (why I started fostering them for local shelters), they had been dumped in a back yard with a doberman and a cocker spaniel after the owner moved... AC came to pick up the dogs and found the boogers... so I adopted them... about 2 years later the male passed from cancer and the female passed away within a week from her "brother" passing away (she had a clean bill of health)... I hate it that petstores sell them individually, they really do get close and for them, it is heartbreaking to loose a friend
Old 01-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #29 
Sena Hansler

Exactly. The pair in the store, were a duo of misfits I don't like ferrets because I had bad experiences with them... and these two were young, and yeah, nippy. So I wore one wool glove as a "just in case they turn and bite me because they try" and used the other hand to support their bumb. This was when I had to clean their kennel/cage/thing. The female was fine, the male was squirmy... they sold HER, and he became the terror I actually REFUSED to handle after he latched on and gave me a lovely scar >:( I don't blame him though. I'd be upset too..to be isolated...

I'm actually adopting 2 guineas, because the owner has allergies and must get rid of them. Since they come with a hutch and cage, plus a bunch o' other stuff, mind as well better than them going to the shelter or wherever....
Old 01-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #30 
LittleBettas

They are really social.... I have always described owning ferrets as owning a kitten or puppy... for life, lol, they need the constant company of another animal.... ferret being prefered.... I know my two, Ray and Queen, would team up, Queen, being the better climber, would climb up on my dresser (or bookcase) and knock down items and Ray would hide them.... the first time I became aware of it was when they tped my WHOLE room with paper towels (I used them to clean their bedroom... lol and forgot them once... and thats al it took)... it was a six pack and every one of the rolls was spread across my room, over my bed, under it, around my couch, my fish tank..... it was a HUGE mess... and I opened the door and Ray was staring at me sitting on the floor all innocent....
Lol, I miss the boogers

Congrats on adopting the guineas, def. better than going to a shelter... or ending up as snake food :/