Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #31 
Sena Hansler

WOW that is awesome what they did...er...I mean...bad ferrets :3

Yeah I do have a guinea, who I found is allergic to Pine bedding (what I was given with her) so she has another type... not quite carefresh, but good enough. So, if they get along I'll allow them to be together...

from what I know, here, guineas rarely make it to shelters. it's usually a snake owner that gets them Ferrets for most people are "gross", and rats are "repelling" looks like the rodent section has got some problems lol!!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #32 
LittleBettas

Lol, THAT was awesome compared to when they discovered air vents... and how to remove them... BIGGEST scare of my life... lol

Actually most guineas, ferrets, rabbits, and rats are "allergic" to pine bedding (it actually causes upper respitory problems)... I found that recycled newspaper (purina cat litter) worked GREAT for ferrets... but with guinea pigs you would need to probably go with something less.... food like... lol

Have you seen the cages you can build for guineas? I saw them origninally for rabbits but since they have become a huge thing for guineas... wish I had these when I was younger and owned guineas: http://www.guineapigcages.com/toys.htm
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #33 
Sena Hansler

Cool!!! I have no idea how big the cage is that I am getting with the guineas... But they do have a hutch too... so all else fails... also, I have ONE problem. Age... my Honey is about 2 months, just a little baby :3 these guineas (females as well don't worry!) are 2-3 years old... anything I need to be warned of? xD

and omg they found out how to get the air vents off?! yikes! lol and people say animals like that are dumb...
Old 01-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #34 
LittleBettas

I know! They are pretty cheap to make (I looked it up a while back when contemplating making one for my rabbit before he passed away)
It depepends on the pig, lol, when my guinea Zoot was 2-3 years one of my friends got a little boy (Petey)... we decided to see if they could get along and they hit it off... despite the 1-2 years difference and the fact they were both boys.... but they were alone, the two girls your getting already have someone... though honestly, it may actually turn out well since it is YOUR (originial) girls turf... but who knows, lol, animals like to keep us on our toes

Even worse... they decided they made really fun tunnels.... and a great hiding place for "stuff"... one of those things being an army issued alarm clock (has an extended lifetime) that is STILL stuck somewhere within the depths of the airvents.... and goes off every morning at 4:30am..... so yeah... I think they did that on purpose, lol....
Old 01-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #35 
Sena Hansler

I love your ferrets. hahahaha... one day they'll replace the air vents, and be all "what the heck?! How'd that get in there?!"

And hmm okay...we'll see how it goes. I'll have them out in the dining room (blocked off by awesomeness of boxes) to interact, and won't actually stick them in together for a week or so, just side by side or something.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #36 
LittleBettas

Lol, considering my parents are getting ready to sell the house I can't wait... they def. left their mark though

Im sure if you google it there are lots of ways to help introduce guineas.... but a large room like you have planned should work, that way they have room to be away from each other and explore without feeling forced
Old 01-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #37 
Rosso1011

Wow. Shows how much I've been on lately. I missed an entire thread on rats. I miss having rats sometimes, especially the girls. They are so sweet! I wonder if any of you have heard of Martin's Cages? I got a cage from them once, it was either the highrise or the rat tower... can't remember right offhand. I think they carry other cages for other small pets as well.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #38 
LittleBettas

I've heard of Martin's Cages... they are nice (you can't find many rat cages on the market) but I hate how all of the "layers" are mesh/wire.... not good for the feeties... I knew someone who made covers for them though, they protected the feet/toes and came off for easy cleaning... if I could remember how she did it I would probably get one (the cage)
I've used "remodled" ferret cages from Ferret Nation (just a little chicken wire or even regular wire to wrap around where the bars are to wide) it worked great and I didnt have to worry about toes or feet getting caught in the bottom
Old 01-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #39 
Sena Hansler

I've seen so many cages that have the wire mesh on the bottom - for ferrets, guineas, and rats/mice. I never understood why they'd make that design...it's bad fro the critters.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #40 
LittleBettas

I know :-/
I've seen a lot of critters loose a toe or two... and even a few foots.... from them