Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #1 
coolbluemint

Smile Betta fish conditioner

Hi there i have finally acquired the seachem prime water conditioner for my betta fish i presume the dosage is 0.5ml for 5.5 gallon tank.each drop has 0.05ml of water conditioner.so i presume to use 10 drops of conditioner for my betta tank.
The question is
can i add the conditioner directly to the fish tank after i add the water?
Or
should i add the conditioner in a separate vessel,prepare it and then add it to the tank?

Is there any harm that the fish may incur when you add the conditioner directly to the fish tank filled with water,let it sit for a while and then add the fish?
coolbluemint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #2 
SmokeNLark

It is much better to dose the water and let it sit a minute or two before adding it to the tank. If you don't, the fish still comes in contact with the heavy metals. I don't think too much harm can come of dosing it after you add it, but I like to be safe.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #3 
coolbluemint

hi there

thank u very much for the reply.NOW I HAVE TO GET A SEPARATE VESSEL TO BLEND THE WATER IN...
coolbluemint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #4 
EvilVOG

when i change my water 100% i treat the water in the tank, then add the fish.

If i'm doing a 50% or 25%, i pre-mix water in a variety of separate containers. I have a 5-gallon bucket, and then i use a measuring cup or a simple drinking cup to transfer the water. One of the best things to keep in mind about this hobby is that it doesn't have to have "aquarium" written on it to work. I also use ice cream pails, and tupperware for my needs.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #5 
SmokeNLark

For my water changes I have a gallon pitcher (and some 1 gallon ice cream buckets) and a 5 gallon bucket. Make sure you label it (or make sure everyone knows) that it's for fish only. This makes sure no chemicals or soaps come into contact with them.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote