Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2012, 01:53 AM   #11 
Sena Hansler

Very pretty! I love his color, truly lol
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:57 AM   #12 
Seager1991

So just out of curiousity how rare is iy to find a crown tail at a pet store that isnt a chain
Seager1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:59 AM   #13 
Sena Hansler

Depends where you are, and who their suppliers are. here, the store (non-chain) ONCE had halfmoon! they all sold within days of shipment. Now, we only get VT VT VT VT and some VT -.- I got ONE female plakat... that's it. Had... one... -.-

Some people can come across them no problem, others can't.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:05 AM   #14 
Seager1991

Also Im putting 2 more pictures up in the picture section of him, one shows his color alot better and another one of his weird choice of where he likes to I guess rest.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:06 AM   #15 
Sena Hansler

I had a female, who burried herself beneath a clam shell, beneath the rocks. Now THAT's scary and weird O_o
Old 01-08-2012, 02:26 AM   #16 
Seager1991

Ok so I just turned my room light out and now hes staying flared up and wont stop staring at his reflection, I wanted to leave his tank light on tonoght while I slept, but Im worried now, will he get stressed or hurt him self if I do? I know there intelligent fish so will he eventually realize its just him self or should I turn the light out

Last edited by Seager1991; 01-08-2012 at 02:28 AM. Reason: forgot something.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:39 AM   #17 
Sena Hansler

Some bettas will flare at their reflection. if there is a repetitive spot, like the black filter may or may not reflect (mine does!), you can use a sheet of paper or a non-reflective background. Sometimes flaring too much can cause them to "split" their tails. So if you see his tail split a little, figure out a way to cover the relfective areas from the outside
I wouldn't suggest leaving the light on for the night, because like humans they go by a day and night cycle.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:48 AM   #18 
Seager1991

Ok, thank you I just unplugged his light, it doesnt have an on or off switch. I think Im going to take a few peoples advice with my next pay check and go get a 5 gallon tank, 2 more live plants, some more gravel, a heater, filter and a cave for him to sleep in if he decides its better then the spot hes currently chosen, I feel bad because I have no way to make his water warmer currently and I know the water should be 70-80 degrees. But by the way I just uploaded a way better picture of him under the picture section and one of his weird resting or sleeping spot, its cute though he uses the leaf like a blanket, you should go check them out, also Im looking for better name recommendations if youd like to give a few. :)

Last edited by Seager1991; 01-08-2012 at 02:49 AM. Reason: spelling error: meant spot, not pot lol
Old 01-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #19 
Sena Hansler

Actually, you should aim for minimum 76 degrees, as anything lower gets pretty chilly for a betta.

And he is a very nice looking betta! I have no name suggestions though lol.