Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2015, 11:05 PM   #571 
fishloverhkf12

Not sure if its the same thing but my female betta last night looked a bit burned at a tiny area on her top fin but i thought this was just her pattern or smth but this morning i woke up half her body looked burned and black though she is still alive now but i know she wont live any longer for a fe more minutes or hours she is sitting on the bottom on one side just breathing though i want to end her misery cause shes suffering so much T.T
fishloverhkf12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:43 PM   #572 
BettaGirl47

I just got a betta 2 days agao from PetSmart. He was staying in the bottom of the container but moved around still. I just thought that he was stressed because he has large fins and in that small cup for who knows how long. Went and got him a tank with a filter and light, stones from the bottom, a resting leaf, red fake plant for him to hide around and a black oriental style decoration. When I got home I had noticed he was not swimming around at all in the cup (was still setting up his tank) so I looked up what may have been wrong with him and all I could find was possible swim bladder disorder or disease. Looking at this thread now I am scared he may have whatever this is. He has a black head and he faces to a very dark rich blue (his name is Cobalt) and if this disease affects blue bettas I am scared he has it. What are the early warning signs so I know how long he has and how long I can keep him comfortable and as happy as I can make him? He is also not eating or moving much now and seems to have trouble getting to the surface even with the filter off. Please any help with anything that may be wrong with Cobalt will me so much
BettaGirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:47 PM   #573 
BettaGirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaGirl47 View Post
I just got a betta 2 days agao from PetSmart. He was staying in the bottom of the container but moved around still. I just thought that he was stressed because he has large fins and in that small cup for who knows how long. Went and got him a tank with a filter and light, stones from the bottom, a resting leaf, red fake plant for him to hide around and a black oriental style decoration. When I got home I had noticed he was not swimming around at all in the cup (was still setting up his tank) so I looked up what may have been wrong with him and all I could find was possible swim bladder disorder or disease. Looking at this thread now I am scared he may have whatever this is. He has a black head and he faces to a very dark rich blue (his name is Cobalt) and if this disease affects blue bettas I am scared he has it. What are the early warning signs so I know how long he has and how long I can keep him comfortable and as happy as I can make him? He is also not eating or moving much now and seems to have trouble getting to the surface even with the filter off. Please any help with anything that may be wrong with Cobalt will me so much
Edit: I went to check on Cobalt and he had what I can best describe as a seizure and fell to the bottom of his tank and stopped moving
BettaGirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:11 PM   #574 
Aquastar

Guys, I need help with this disease. It the same type of concept as Graphite, but it's different. Other than it being non contagious, I want to know if it's the same type of thing?
The fins rots away, but it's not black, I made a thread on it:

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....69#post6821769

I understand I seem like those people who must post about their pretty fish all the time, but I think new diseases are more important. Help?
Aquastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:50 AM   #575 
razzhasbettas

Wow. This just punched me in the face - I just realized this is what my poor VT Atlas died of in November. I was so sad and shocked that it happened so fast - in just a couple hours. Unfortunately I flushed him...
razzhasbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:59 AM   #576 
LittleStar

I've been reading about this, and please don't laugh - but I really think heavy metal contamination is going on here at least in part. Google geoengineering one word just like that, our entire environment is being contaminated by aluminum and its sprayed in such minute particulate that its being absorbed into marine life and fish in the wild are showing symptoms of this. I think it self replicates. I know thats science fiction creepy but that's what I think. Our natural environment is not so natural, any more.

Test him for aluminum, that's what I say.

Last edited by LittleStar; 01-17-2016 at 11:03 AM.
LittleStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ph to hight