Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2014, 06:27 AM   #511 
Crembrufundew

Is it able to strike, Salt, my half cellophane, milky white halfmoon marble with light purple and sky blue marbling?
Crembrufundew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:59 AM   #512 
michellemoyah

99% sure this is what killed my new betta. I don't have pictures yet (I'll take some once I remove his body) but his body lost all color last night and he was having lots of trouble swimming in any direction. His fins were gray on the edges and now the gray is almost halfway down his fins and his body is gray as well. He was dead when I got up this morning, it seemed to have killed him quite literally overnight.
michellemoyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #513 
michellemoyah

Do you think if I bleach and then boil the heater, filter and acrylic tank and leave it to dry in the sun it will be safe for a new fish?
michellemoyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #514 
Bikeridinguckgirl14

Try white vinegar
Bikeridinguckgirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #515 
hottestwinter

I know you all have been talking about this new disease. I had a betta once before he was about 5yrs old when he died. I recently bought a new one and I noticed he has been acting weird from when I first bought him. Tuesday his tail was fine and yesterday his tail is almost gone. I thought he had fin rot and I have been treating him for it. But today his tail is worst than the other day and he has started slamming himself all over the tank. But he has a healthy appetite. I was wondering if you all had any ideas. it doesn't sound a 100% like what you guys had described above in posts.

Last edited by hottestwinter; 07-17-2014 at 08:54 PM.
hottestwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:44 PM   #516 
Bikeridinguckgirl14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottestwinter View Post
I know you all have been talking about this new disease. I had a betta once before he was about 5yrs old when he died. I recently bought a new one and I noticed he has been acting weird from when I first bought him. Tuesday his tail was fine and yesterday his tail is almost gone. I thought he had fin rot and I have been treating him for it. But today his tail is worst than the other day and he has started slamming himself all over the tank. But he has a healthy appetite. I was wondering if you all had any ideas. it doesn't sound a 100% like what you guys had described above in posts.
You should start your own thread and post a pic, sounds like he might have a fungus
Bikeridinguckgirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:49 PM   #517 
LadyRaven

Just thought I pop a post in here seeing as my friends fish died the other day. I had left another friend in charge of feeding my fish and the other one my neighbour has, she had to leave for a few days (like 2) and when we came back on the same day, found Fabian dead at the bottom of the tank.
The friend that was looking after them said that Fabian had been depressed/not moving from next to the heater. He would eat and come up for air but that was it. We chalked it down to depression as 2 of his tankmates had recently died.
Attached Images

LadyRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #518 
Kiara1125

LadyRaven, that is most definitely graphite disease. Did the friend say if he was acting weird that day or the day before?
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #519 
LadyRaven

He'd apparently been acting like that for quite a while, almost a week. He used to flit around the tank as happy as could be, then just became more and more lethargic it seems.
LadyRaven is offline   Reply With Quote