Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-12-2015, 09:17 PM   #561 
TerriGtoo

Yes, unfortunately. Some members have reported this recently. Do a search for graphite disease on this site.
TerriGtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:52 AM   #562 
einstein sep2013

Brown spot

can you please tell me what shall I do to cure this.

suddenly happened. Today he didn't eat pellets but ate the frozen worm. moving very slow today - still active & reacts
Attached Images

einstein sep2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:12 PM   #563 
nightress18

Need help. My betta fish's tale is receding and I don't know what it is .

this is my male betta. His tail is receding and I don't know what's wrong or how to treat it. Need help right away please.
nightress18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:37 AM   #564 
GayathriGG

Has there been any progress on the cure?
Or is it still labelled incurable?
GayathriGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:42 PM   #565 
Raspy

Unhappy

Unfortunately I've just come back from work to find my betta dead. I'd been battling with some fin rot - of which was just under control and the tail was growing back. This morning (7.30am) he displayed this graphite patchy tail, didn't eat and wasn't swimming. By the evening (6pm) he'd passed. This is the second betta I've lost to this disease now, I'm hoping that some answers start coming through!

Here's some pictures of the disease, though these were taking (perhaps hours) after death.

http://i.imgur.com/ZceziGG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0dXruZx.jpg

Last edited by Raspy; 08-04-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Raspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:18 PM   #566 
betta fish lover2323

Omg. MY DARLING IS BLUE
betta fish lover2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:35 PM   #567 
Coppermoon

Guys, this is Mycos. There is no cure. This can spread to humans also, so please be careful. Tanks can be bleached 50/50 for about 7 days, then wiped clean and sprayed down with 91% iso alcohol and let set for 24 to 48 hrs. They should be safe to reuse by then. When I had it, I bought hospital grade solution that kills TB (human mycobacterium) and STILL let my equipment set empty for 3 months before I got more. IF you see these signs, put the fish down. There is no saving it. I am being hard nosed about this...I've been through it. I put down close to 100 fish in 1 day because of this. I understand these are your pets. All these fish were my babies!!!...the youngest ones were 3rd and 4th generation for me. I cried for weeks after that. I felt even more horrible that I let the ones that DID show signs suffer for months before they died. This disease eats the fish alive for the most part.

PLEASE quit referring to it as "graphite disease"...it is Mycobacterium. It can only be diagnosed by a lab that has to take a live fish (dead fish decompose too fast) and cut it up and look under a microscope. Every picture I see posted, I see my fish and what I went through.

If daily clean water and salt for 7 days don't stop fin rot, then it probably isn't fin rot.

ADDITION: I sent a single fish with a friend as she was going through the same thing. ALL 6 fish (she sent 5 plus my 1) as positive for Mycos. I sent 5 more fish to be diagnosed by a lab in FL. I think I still have the emails from the lab. I got a phone call from the Manager of the lab and she told me it was mycos. I didn't have the strain IDed...what was the point in spending more money...still no cure.

Last edited by Coppermoon; 08-28-2015 at 02:39 PM.
Coppermoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ph to hight