Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #11 
LunaticFringeInc

Quote:
Make sure the enclosure is set up before you get the snake, that's a big deal with snakes. The temps need to be right... :) That's the most important thing! If the temps are right, you can adjust humidity (bigger water bowl, different substrate, covered lid), if the temps are right the snake will most likely eat and not struggle with it(low temps can kill a snake with food in it's belly..they need the heat to help them digest the food..or it will rot!)
Some great advice from purplemuffin, read it and heed it!!!
LunaticFringeInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:04 AM   #12 
bettafish15

Thanks for the advice guys ^^ I read it all!
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:33 AM   #13 
LunaticFringeInc

Snakes can make for some really incrediable pets. They dont need to be waklked several times a day, no need for Kitty Litter boxes, they dont bark or make a lot of racket and you dont have all the other time consuming task required daily of a dog or cat. Just a quick water bowl change, check of the temp/humidity guage, handle it a few minutes every day to check its health and well being, perhaps scoop the cage real quick or feed and not a whole more.

I personally find that they look their best, stay the healthiest when they can be kept in well thought out Vivariums that closely replicate their natural habitat.
LunaticFringeInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #14 
TonyK

Vivaruims are and they look great but, I wouldn't say a snake is at its healthiest living in only a vivarium. I believe a snake is at it healthiest in a clean enclosure, fed a quality diet and the proper heating requirements are met. Vivariums look nice and there is nothing wrong with them but, the maintenance on them is pretty time consuming.

I personally find that they look their best, stay the healthiest when they can be kept in well thought out Vivariums that closely replicate their natural habitat.[/quote]
TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #15 
bettafish15

Yeah, I agree with TonyK. As much as I would love to give my future baby a beautiful natural vivarium, a tank is more practical for me, as I'm 16 and have to juggle online schooling and full/part time work. A simple tank setup is the way to go for me :) I already have lots of other pets to care for and clean up after, so a vivarium would be too much work. Perhaps one day though! I have lots of time to consider things, because I don't get the snake until April when it's ready to go.

Also, I'm excited because I'm possibly going to get a leopard gecko setup from kijiji :D If the owner takes my offer. First thing I'd do is ditch the mint green sand >_> I've always wanted to have a leopard gecko AND a corn snake! Leo's just always look like they're smiling :D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote