Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #1 
bettalover2033

Positive Question About the Admin

HI all!
I was thinking lately (not always good thing this late at night lol) and sometimes I just over-think things and it gets wild, but I was just wondering your opinions.

Okay so the question is: Would you or Do you find it weird if the Admin were to post as we do? To clarify, I mean comment on betta photos, give opinions, ect.

Please be honest and don't say what you think members or the Admin might want to hear. (Of course keep in mind that it should be respectful)

I personally, would think it is pretty cool to see his/her (Sorry I don't know if they are a man or woman) posts here either regularly or lesser than we usually do.

Please no one take this the wrong way, but It might just be a little different for me because from what I see on this forum they don't post very often. I don't think I have every saw the Admin post on a opinion based question, comment, ect. Though this IS the first forum I have ever been, saw, or joined.

I honestly don't know why this is pondering my mind NOW of all the time I have been here. It is a little random though if you ask me. Just a thought. (This smiley is a bit funny to me)
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:29 AM   #2 
bettafish15

Hm... That's a good point! LOL
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:30 AM   #3 
Myrtaceae

Being an Admin on a forum is a crazy hard job. I was a mod on a fairly active forum (non-fish) once and could barely keep up with that! Admins have it even tougher. There's a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't see.

Honestly, on a forum like this one 90% of the questions are repeats ("does my betta need a heater" etc). So admins/mods have seen most of this stuff 20x before and don't always feel as compelled to comment or give opinions.

From what I've seen, this forum has a lot of older members with tons of experience who post quite a lot-- and a lot of newer members with, uh, less experience (counting me!) who also post quite a lot. An admin has a tough enough job keeping up with us . Mods like Dramaqueen and OFL who post a lot are pretty amazing, because it takes a lot of stamina to keep modding+posting.

Anyone else can totally correct me if I'm wrong-- I'm mostly basing this reply of experience with other forums and each forum is unique!
Myrtaceae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:30 AM   #4 
bettalover2033

I agree though. It is a lot of hard work and does take patience because a lot of new members and occasionally older members do ask repeated questions, but they are really good questions that should be answered with kindness ect.

I personally have answered a few questions a lot more than once, but that doesn't mean I get tired of answering them. Some of the questions that I see that are repeats and need pretty wide explanation I usually have to be in the mood to type a lot and if not then I leave it to someone else. Though if they aren't completely correct with proof or forgot a few things, I'll come in and add a few details.

Also I have to say that OFL has come to my rescue many times before and she Is seriously an amazing person! I recommend her to anyone with bettas that have disease or any kind of health issues. She is also a very good breeder. IMO pretty advanced and used/uses more complex breeding methods. I have not heard of her breeding any particular bettas since i have been here though she has tons of information and suggestions to offer! And her personality is just the cherry on top!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #5 
Pitluvs

I have only seen one forum where the Admin actually posts everyday like the members do. I really have no opinion on if it's a doable thing or even if it's positive or negative. I had quite the negative experience with it on another forum.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #6 
Lucille

They are entitled to their opinion, becoming of service should not cut them off from being part of the community. As one member said though, many of the questions are repeats.
I'm a member of a forum where admins post their admin posts in a different font color than their opinions of critters. It is fine (I think) to differ in opinion with an admin or anyone else about critters (as long as it is done respectfully) but I think that courtesy demands a private response to any administrative posts unless the post explicitly invites public response.
Lucille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #7 
AngelicScars

I'm used to seeing the owners/admin/mods posting regularly on forums. So, seeing that around wouldn't phase me one way or another.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #8 
Lucille

On a different note, I was on a forum one time where one of the admins had a girlfriend on the forum. It was OK for a while, but got uncomfortable when they had kisses and tiffs openly on the site for all the members to read. And the gf was a real she-plakat too....
Lucille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #9 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I don't mind. We have that in our local forums. In fact we have certain admin/mod responsible for certain sections and will almost always reply to threads/posts there.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #10 
bettalover2033

I would be pretty excited to see this admins opinions and suggestions.

It is just a different thing since I have only been on one forum (this one). I'm sure the admin has much more to do plus a whole other life besides the forum.

In my own mind IDK why, but I think of the admin as a really proud and high status man. Excuse me if I am wrong with gender, but I will now refer to them as a they.

The admin is very Formal from the couple of post that I actually have read by them. It's like reading messages from the president lol.

My mind works in mysterious ways....I get around (somehow)