Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #1 
angiessa

If I fed my fish all they could eat in two minutes...

...they'd sink straight to the bottom, too stuffed to swim.

Seriously, who comes up with the directions on those food labels??
angiessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #2 
ArcticRain

Haha, on my food label it says all your betta can eat in FIVE minuets.... Yeah right.
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #3 
angiessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRain View Post
Haha, on my food label it says all your betta can eat in FIVE minuets.... Yeah right.
Sure, if you want your betta to BURST.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #4 
Sena Hansler

o.o mine doesn't say betta. It says fish.... And I wouldn't feed ANY fish what they can eat in 2 minutes o.o;; I had guppies, balloon mollies, danios and bettas - I never recommended listening to the package instructions If I let my females have the "2 minute" rule they wouldn't be eggy - they'd be exploding from to much food ><
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #5 
angiessa

Yeah...considering my boys can each polish off four pellets in a matter of seconds, I shudder to think how many they'd eat in two minutes!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #6 
tpocicat

I never really thought about it, but you're right. Mine always polish their food off right away. Two minutes is way too long.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #7 
mjoy79

*shutters to think about all the bloated fish there are out there because people are over-feeding*. My bettas would love it if I fed them for 2 minutes - until they couldn't swim anymore because they're too full!
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #8 
Sena Hansler

My females basically snatch the food from my hands before I even let it go. If they are that crazy for food... o.o
Old 01-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #9 
Tappy4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
My females basically snatch the food from my hands before I even let it go. If they are that crazy for food... o.o
My boys do the same thing. They get two pellets a day....anymore than that, and they get bloated! One of my old bettas, Finneus-who just recently passed, would get a hold of a shrimp pellet...(I had some shrimp in with him for awhile). It didn't matter if he had just eaten or not...His poor belly would be so bloated. haha. I had to start feeding the shrimp at night in the dark so Fins wouldn't go after their food.

I had 3 tiny snails in Dracos tank not too long ago (I'm down to just one). I dropped a small piece of algae disk in the tank at the same time I was feeding him...he took off after it, lost track of where it went and decided to eat the teeny snail that just happened to be on the side of the tank instead. The little snail was my favorite haha. He had tripled in size since I got him, and was still no bigger than the two betta pellets. (I had 3 baby mystery snails hitchhike on a larger one I bought the other day-which passed away that night. All I can think of is that when the person at the store fished the snail out with the net, it snapped its 'door' shut, closing the other three in her shell puncturing her belly.) I accidentally squished on the other day looking for it because I was giving the tank a clean...so am down to just one now.
Tappy4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #10 
Sena Hansler

poor snails >< lol. And yeah, I've had a "always hungry" betta who would never stop begging for food, who'd eat anything edible... ><