Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #11 
Sena Hansler

yeah it's harder when under someone else's law (moms landlords and colleges xDD) however my landlord said I couldn't have a cat or dog (carpet, and lawn destroyers) however I mentioned fish and he said as many as I wanted. (what a bad thing to tell me, of all people)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #12 
ldoerr

At the apt complex I am at I can have up to 2 dogs or cats, and unlimited fish. The rule with fish is that the tank can not be larger than 20g if in an upstairs aquarium (wich I am). I break the rule and have a 29g upstairs, O WELL. I asked the landloard and they said that the tank size does not matter with the downstairs apts. The reall problem is my mom. she DOES NOT want me to get the big tank for 1 fish.
ldoerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #13 
Silverfang

Haha, I love Kijiji too. Nothing for free, but a full 10gal set up for 25$, I know I've seen a few pretty amazing deals
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #14 
Sena Hansler

Yup!! There are good deals for some people....if ya snoop around :p
Old 01-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #15 
Sena Hansler

Cleaning the tank

Okay, so she said it has not been used for 4 years... So not only do I have to make sure it holds water, but it has to be cleaned. I usually use vinegar/water solution (I am allergic to bleach and bleach fumes, even diluted)... Is there a better heavy duty fish-friendly (ha!) way to clean this tank when I get it tomorrow? Also I lack a way of checking if it holds water via outdoors...welcome to Canada
I MIGHT set it up in the dining room (linoleum) fo water check...
Old 01-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #16 
bettafish15

That was such a lucky find! Even if you do have to clean it and check for leaks :) There's hardly ever anything on my kijiji XD
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #17 
PixelatedPaint

Just make sure the water is freakin hot. I use hot water and vinegar solution and let it sit for an hour...or at least until it cools enough for me to not scald myself. You can wipe everything off in seconds that way. I usually rinse out whatever is loose beforehand though.

So rinse...rinse..rinse...soak in hot vinegar water and bam!...finito
PixelatedPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #18 
Sena Hansler

hmmm ok =D Can I also use baking soda? and thanks bettafish :p it is awesome... needs a little work but hey worth the non-existent price
Old 01-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #19 
thekoimaiden

That is a steal! Congrats, Sena!! Baking soda is another good thing to use. If you make it into a paste, it's great for a little scrubbing.

I checked that site for my area.... Nothing but rabbits. I had a baaad experience with a roommate who had a rabbit that she let chew, pee, and poop on almost everything. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of rabbits. But I think I might check my boyfriend's college town. That sounds like ripe hunting grounds for massive tanks! 150 gal tank here I come!!!

EDIT: Okay. I just had to share. I found an Amish Doctor's Buggy for sale 0.o

Last edited by thekoimaiden; 01-09-2012 at 11:27 PM.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #20 
Sena Hansler

nice tank ideas lol!

and a whaaa? o_O