Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #11 
scrap

Water wisteria also just kinda does that. Apparently it happens to a lot of people...who just pick off the deteriorated stem bit and replant with no apparent harm to the plant. 1 of my 3 wisteria did the same..it's a bit shorter than the other 2 but still growing like a weed (I've woken up to brand new 4 leaf clusters that opened and practically doubled in size by the time I got home from school.) Also, If you decide to get more wisteria, It has a bit of an acclimation period for a few weeks before the crazy growth period.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:51 AM   #12 
agent89201

Thanks Little Betta, I'll keep that in mind!

So I got a bend-y desk lamp and I put the bulb in. It looked way too bright. I had it about a foot above the tank and kind of face towards the wall so it wouldn't be too bright. I've heard that too much light can cause tail-biting and stress, especially in veiltails like mine. Would a 10 watt be much different?
agent89201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #13 
scrap

the general rule for moderate lighting is about 2 watts per gallon, so that's quite intense unless you can fill the tank with high light plants that provide cover.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #14 
Brian10962001

That light should work well. The Watts Per Gallon I feel generally only applies to 10 gallon and up, anything below it's more about how far the light is from the bottom of your tank. I would start with an 8 hour photo period, that should keep everything happy, if you still have issues go to 10 and keep an eye out for algae. You may also want to pick up a thing of Tetra Flora Pride, it's cheap and contains the two main things aquarium plants end up lacking.
Brian10962001 is offline   Reply With Quote