Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

A really amazing deal :o

I totally suggest doing this in your area... kijiji IS your friend

I might be able to snatch up a 20 gallon tank AND stand, AND accessories.... and if I pick it up.. it's going for a

whole

whopping

amazing

Not kidding. I'm totally dibbing it
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #2 
Jrf456

WHAAAAT????

OMG I HATE YOU LOL. I've never heard of that store! HOW? HOLY CRAP!

You lucky Canadians :(
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #3 
Sena Hansler

www.kijiji.com is basically a free ad site (unless you want to add some features, then per ad you put on there you pay a small fee). Not a store :p and I KNOW!!! I'm lucky to stumble across it. I have found some cool things on there, and much needed stuff on there :O
Old 01-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #4 
Pitluvs

Not so much lucky Canadians... lucky Albertans who seem to have a disposable nature about them hahah Here a 20g tank, stand and accessories is $120 minimum... nothing ever goes for free. Where I live, you need the money and you give nothing away. GRAB THAT DEAL!! haha

Actually on our Kijiji, tanks are sold for pretty much the same price as buying new. WE seem to think fish tanks are like fine wine, double in price as they age.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

However, some deals on there are pretty good. I've seen some salt water aquariums go for 500.00 (usually minimum) which brand new cost 2000-3000 new including rock and fish o.o;; and lol yeah... There's stories here how wasteful people are so, guess that's why kijiji, freecycle, etc exist -.- people are wasteful soo... "want it gone? get it gone! use this ad!" I'm holding my breath waiting for a reply so I can get that tank I have a ride and all for it!

I HAVE seen this one tank. 20 gallon. 60.00 I paid 60 for the 90's one I have, the top of the hood is slightly damaged, the lighting system should be replaced here soon (melted spots, rusted, etc), BUT the tank they were selling had a crack in it, deemed unworthy to hold fish, came with nothing else, just the glass itself.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #6 
Pitluvs

Yeah, but in Alberta its so much easier. My sister moved up there 4 years ago and she furnished her whole apartment with furniture off the sides of roads. Everything was near brand new, except a sofa that still had the tags on it with a sale price. She asked the people if she could take it, the first thing they said? "You must be from Cape Breton, most people would just take off with it and not ask!". Of course they gave it to her, for free and hauled it to her place. Here? You won't get a single thing for free, if there is $3 to be made, people will make it. Big difference between the richest province and the poorest island in the country lol

See this. You can buy a 29g with stand for this price at Walmart.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #7 
Sena Hansler

bahaha love their rhyme gimic x)

And yeah... literally I can walk down the alley way to work or school or whatever, and I will find: dining chairs, coffee table, floral couch, swiffer barely used, children's toys, a reptile tank (60-70 gallon) that's seen winter outdoors, brooms, a mop or two, a futon, couch pillows, a bean bag chair, a TV stand, a dresser... -.-

It actually saddens me to see how much people here waste. We even have a "Restore" where you bring your unwanted stuff, and they sell it dirt cheap to people who cannot afford the new stuff. Or, THREE second hand stores, yes THREE, or Camrose Freecycle (my area), or kijiji, or posters.... but no. Tossed away o.o It's really pathetic. sometimes good for people like me (who get ditched by a roommate with no warning >:( ) or good for single parents etc...but not really good for much else

here's the ad too http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-pets-acc...AdIdZ344585883 I don't mind cleaning it. It's worth it
Old 01-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #8 
PixelatedPaint

I've gotten most of my tanks that way! I reply to all adds and tell them that if they cannot sell I would love to accept it as a donation. Usually for adds with the whole "I need it gone ASAP I am moving!".

I've gotten a 20 gallon and 3 10 gallons...as well as a 15 gallon that way. xD Oh and a small 5 gallon set up.
PixelatedPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #9 
Sena Hansler

xDD NICE!!! I talked to her, and she says it is heavy (I am assuiming gravel, and other stuff which are accessories) so I'm bringing my bro to help :o I AM TOTALLY GETTING IT aaahh!!!!!!! xDD I'm so excited!! -hops up and down-
Old 01-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #10 
ldoerr

Congrats on the find. I hope to one day find a 75g or 90g tank, stand, and maybe some accessories for under $200. I have heard that that is very reasonable. The first step is to convince my mom to let me get the tank (hard since I am in college, with 3 aquariums and a dog already). Again GREAT find!!!
ldoerr is offline   Reply With Quote