Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-13-2012, 01:31 AM   #21 
bettalover2033

I love crowntails. They used to be my favorite betta before I started breedinf hms and hmpks. I also want to breed cts again and get a few that have nice we reduction and fin length.

I used to have some spawns with fry numbers in the 100s, but that was with nice show pairs that were imports or from show breeders.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:48 AM   #22 
Bambi

Yeah. I've considered getting a couple females from martinis mommy because i've heard her lines are pretty fertile. I've never had more then 80 fry to start with but i've only bred either petstore fish or fish red from petstore fish. Which out here aren't very good(not a large betta fan base in my town, we just recently got another breeder who moved here xD he imports his fish from thailand and wants to start a betta shop one day out here and if he does it will mostly be thai imports and fry bred by him or myself or other local breeders....more breeders need tomove ouut here so we can have a local club, xD
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:23 AM   #23 
bettalover2033

Yeah, Karen's fish are truly top of the line breeders. They have stunning colors and finnage.

Your the lucky one!! I dont have any breeders that live near me let alone in the same town. Probably in the next state or so, but thats as close as I get.

I wish I had someone else who enjoys fish keepong in general around me. If I was to be lucky id know of someone that likes bettas that live near me. And would like a breeder to share experiences.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:56 AM   #24 
Bambi

There are a couple breeders in/near new york i've seen around some forums. no names come to mind though.~looks~
(here's one on another forum i'm on: http://www.ultimatebettas.com/index.php?showuser=10169 ) I think I've seen other member on bettafish listed as in new york aswell.
You could also maybe make a small flyer about bettafish.com or just wanting to start a fish lovers group in general and ask if you can leave it/some at your local fish shop?

I just happened to be stalking someone on another site(well, his fish) when he mentioned moving and iasked where and he mentioned the (larger) town next to mine.I told him where I lived and he said that's where he was moving but didn't think I would know about it(small town) xD. It was just luck.
He said he would normally sell the white HM male he's gonna sell me for $25 in aquabid and I believe it, his fish are gorgouse, but since he semi-know me I can get the boy I wanted for $15 <3 Gonna get him and breed him to my walmart rescue if she ever un-stress stripes. x.x she shows no signs of illness. Has places to hide, has clean water..but has been stressed since I got her about two weeks ago.>.> I think she just hates me cuz she's eggy and swims around fine,and eats(when i walk away)) but whever i go to look at here here come the stripes.

Last edited by Bambi; 01-13-2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #25 
bettalover2033

Thats a good idea! Will do. I also know the lps owner since ive been in his shop everyday for the past year and a half so im sure hell let me do that.

Also thats a good price for a good quality halfmoon because usually hms are around $25 when they are in good enough shape.

Heh. Well your female doesnt hate you. To be technical, bettas dont have that emotion. She has only been there a couple of weeks so just give her some extra time. She'll keep the stripes away and warm up to you. Try putting a mirror in front of her or showing her one of your males. She will get comfortable.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #26 
Bambi

I have no remaining males. >< I'm hoping she'll warm up to the new white boy who I might be picking up today or tomorrow(will try to have the guy take a decent picture for me since I can't).
I've never had a fish take so long to warm up to me. I can see her from across mt bed right now and she's not stress striped, but I know as soon as I walk over to feed her they'll pop back up. xD

No more dead fry this morning. I woke up to see them begging for food. xD It seems like they grew so much overnight. <3
Old 01-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #27 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post

http://bubblesandbettas.blogspot.com...ail-types.html

This is a green that had melano and peibald as well and i guess would be an ok example? but basically a nice dark green.
This is a mixture of green and black - yes they are rather rare since the 2 colors don't usually combine in this way. So you weren't talking about the common green or the turquoise .....

Oh thanks for the picture and explanation. Now I know what people mean by "peibald" .... in my area they are referred to as "monster" (don't know why).

I haven't really read the posts carefully, just sort of skimmed through them. If you're trying to create dragons - as long as you have one full masked dragon from a good dragon line, if paired to a non dragon, F1 should be half dragons. Keep inbreeding them and you should have fairly full dragons in F3-4.

but if you start with partial dragon, it will take longer and perhaps need to be back crossed to the dragon parent. IMO either way, you will need to get new genetics anyway so why not breed for half dragons and later ..... way later, get a new dragon to cross to.

.....Sorry if I miss-understood earlier posts.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #28 
Bambi

I'mnot breeding for dragon. ~giggles~ but yeah I know the basics of their genetics and the partials and all that.

So...kinda exciting news? Mixed with sad? I have an albino fry... which is awesome.
But..he has sinking issues. I'm hoping he'll get better. I'm guessing this is a swimbladder issue? I've never had this problem(or..any real health problems) with any of my spawns. Is treating swimbladder issues different for fry then adults? Should I just QT him in a warmer/shallower tank(or rather a shallow container floating is warmer tank)?.. D;

Also..doing a 100% on my ten gallon today. the fry have been moved to two one gallon tanks
Old 01-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #29 
dramaqueen
Banned

Wow, an albino! If he's having problems reaching the surface then I'd put him in a shallow container.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #30 
Bambi

Fry are loving the super clean tank. xD

The albino is floating in a small container in the spawns tank and seems to be doing better. he swimming and not hopping now.
All the other fry are hanging out by the container trying to see inside like "why is he in there? o.o"