Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-02-2012, 01:39 AM   #51 
Bambi

haha yeah. So they're..what 5 weeks and a day old now?

All the larger ones have been jarred(about 15-16) so the smaller ones have the ten gallon to themselves(another ten or so).

the albino is still alive(for anyone who was fallowing that) and is still among the larger of the fry. The rest have got a nice blue coming in as I had hoped.
My water changes have been a little slack, for a few reasons,but they're back to everyday.

The one i was unsure of with the tumor..I'm still unsure. x.x He seems to be swimming better now so i've decided to see where he goes. He's in with the smaller fry though since my jars are on the taller end of things.

I don't know when the web reduction is supposed to start showing up. The fry are all still really small though so I'm not to worried about it. Ijust wanted to observe the ray curling issue from as young as possible.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #52 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Ray curling usually show when they're over 4 months ..... unless it's a severe deformity which should show at around 2cm (size of fry) or when their fins begin to develop. But most cases fin curls occur when they're older. This is why it's advised to re-breed them after they're 6 months old.

Why do you think there would be some ray curling? Were the parent's fins curled?
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #53 
tpocicat

I'm one of those that are following the albino! I really hope he makes it.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:40 AM   #54 
EvilVOG

pulling for the albino too. Can we get some pics?

btw, when the weather breaks i can probably get you some duckweed.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #55 
Bambi

Still only have my laptop for pics so I can't really get anything up. xD I'm hoping next month I can set them up one by one in my 'photo tank' and get some decent pictures.

Fin curling shows up in hard water. I've never tested my water(i do frequent water changes and don't cycle so they're not of much use for the price of them), so I'm just curious as to if my water is alright for CT's or not as I've never kept CT's and if i plan to breed for show I want to avoid it. xD

EvilVOG, that would be awesome.<3

the albino,as well as the rest of the remaining fry, are looking good. :) The ones I jared adjusted well to living alone and being moved. The small ones still together are loving the less crowdedness. xD It's adorable.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #56 
EvilVOG

are you still looking for Brine shrimp eggs? I saw some online and am currently having no problems hatching the ones from San Francisco Bay that i got at my lps
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #57 
Bambi

Yes and no.
My currents spawn is almost to that point where I try to switch them to other foods(my largest will bite at frozen brine shrimp but doesn't quiet get what it is xD). But might be doing another here very soon who i'm thinking of staring on bbs instead of decaps to see what kind of difference it makes. xD

Last edited by Bambi; 02-04-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:35 PM   #58 
atb224155

Sorry about the loss of your pair, am happy that the spawn survived and are thriving. Hope to see pics soon
atb224155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:38 AM   #59 
kevinap2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atb224155 View Post
Sorry about the loss of your pair, am happy that the spawn survived and are thriving. Hope to see pics soon
In the future, could you please check the date stamp of the previous posts before you make a comment? This thread is over two years old, and I am sure the original poster has rehomed most, if not all of the fry by now.
kevinap2 is offline   Reply With Quote