Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #1 
maggie9059789

Bubble Nests & water change wrecking it

Haha so my beloved Blazer hasn't made a bubble nest in forever like the last time was around maybe end of september or beginning of october and i got him on sept 5 th ever since the weather started getting cold he stopped ( he has a heater now dont worry it a constant 26'c/80'f) but on sunday ive finally gotten him a fake silk plant and he's made a bubble nest again =) but sadly he still has a slight case of mild fin rot and i need to do two 50% & one 100% water change weekly and when i do that it wrecks his bubble nest up =( so how would he react to that? Get mad or anything like that? Stop making nests again?

Btw before this sunday all he had was heated 1.5 gal cubed shape tank and a betta leaf hammock, but his leaf started rusting so im now waiting for the new leaf to arive but his tank was too empty and he needed somewhere to rest again cuz he started ripping holes in his fins from swimming and glass surfing a bit too much so i got him a plant and now he started bubble nest building. But sadly i also have to return this plant cuz it too big haha over 7/10 of his tank is full cuz of the plant i think what was i thinking 12" plant for 1.5 gal haha but right when i was about to take it out i saw his bubble nest should i leave his big plant in or take it out and get a 5" plant instead with a new betta leaf? He nv blew. Ubble with just the betta leaf

It looks like a jungle in there now haha ill try to take pics later when im done studying for exams
maggie9059789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #2 
Bambi

He'll probably build another one if the mood strikes him. Clean warm water and good food and he should blow them as an indication of willingness to breed. Not all males build them all the time though. you could always flare him at another male or female for a couple minutes if you want try to make him blow one sometime. ~shrugs~

...I miss having males..xD
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bubble nest, fake silk plant, water change