Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #1 
steezy

Betta Fever!!

So im new to the betta world but already lovem! This is my lil guy.. his names Steezy! Im not sure his breed if you guys could tell me that would be great! lol Well i posted a thread in the help disease section idk if my liddo guy is sick/: But thought his picture should be shared anyway!! I boughtm a 2.5 gallon tank and was wondering if that was ok?? also with his tank being filled with that much stuff! i just wanted him to have a place to hide(:
Attached Images

steezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #2 
steezy

forgot his other side!

his other side(:
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #3 
betta lover1507

i could see you ;) he is a gorgeous boy, been looking for one like that. he dosen't look ill.
he is a either a HM(halfmoon)/DT(delta tail) (get a pic of him flaring)
grey? or black red butterfly dragon, looks like a betta from aquabid :)
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #4 
steezy

lol! oman, i didnt notice i was in the reflection-___- *fail* :X ill get a picture when i get home though. But his tail is like smokey black grey. I was looking at aquabid and seen a similar but it was more solid colored.. Thats next on my list! im addicted XD
Old 01-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #5 
SwimmR

He's a beaut! I bet he's going to turn out to be a halfmoon when he settles down and flares fully. I'm envious - if I saw one like that at my pet store, I'd snatch it up (even though I need another betta like I need another hole in my head!)
SwimmR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #6 
NoahG

Wow, nice tank! Nice Betta, too! Looks to me as though he's a dragonscale and perhaps a delta tail? I could be wrong for his tail. Definitely has the butterfly pattern though (don't worry, it can be smokey like that), but to know for sure with his tail you'll probably have to get him to flare.
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #7 
Betta Slave

Awesome fish and great tank! I love the set-up. :P

As everyone else has said, I'm going to take a guess that he's a delta-tail, though hard to say when he hasn't flared- but once he does, and his tail has a 180 degree spread, that's a good sign he's a HM. And definitely a dragon.... though he's got lots of colors. I'd call him a tri-color dragon, though that's really a matter of opinion. :)
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #8 
Rjb5584

Nice fish! I see you are close by to where I live, too. If you are ever near Torrance, check out Tropical Trekkers on Hawthorne and Sepulveda--half of the fish I got have been from there and their selection is awesome.

May I ask where you got your guy from?

Nice setup--he's gonna be a happy lil dude!

Edit: Be careful with plastic plants--they can tear their fins! If you run some pantyhose across them, and they snag, they should probably be replaced. I prefer live plants, but silk plans definitely have their perks

Last edited by Rjb5584; 01-12-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Rjb5584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #9 
BettaMommy531rip

Perfect tank set-up! He will be one happy betta! He is either a halfmoon or a delta tail. See if you can catch a pic of him flaring to really find out. He doesn't look sick to me, but the pic is a little fuzzy. A great overall health enhancer is API Stress Coat conditioner. It makes bettas happier and healthier even if they aren't sick. :) Welcome to the forum!
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #10 
steezy

Thanks for all the compliments!! i really hope he grows to be strong & healthy! Im anxious to get home & see how he's doing and if he ate up the tetras i put in in the morning.. lol he wasnt really striking them when they got introduced. But i could only watch them for about 5 mins before i had to head to work. Ill take a picture when i get home of him flaring & see what the outcome is. But from what i remember i think its a full 180(:

@ RJB- Im forsure going to check that store out! I went to Sunset Pet & Supplies ( i yelped some betta stores and it had the best reviews in the area i work in) There really cool and have a nice well maintained selection! BEAUTIFUL Bettas! All Kinds! With amazing color! Not a Huge selection but a good 20-30 good ones(not petco looking[even though you could get lucky here and there from what i read]). From what the owner told me, one of her employees works at a wholesale place and he hand pics the best ones he could find! Also are live plants hard to maintain?? i was thinking of replacing the plastic plant in front of my filter for like a bamboo?