Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #11 
Fieldz

Wow! Such a nice idea! But I sincerely think 75 is a bit more than I would pay for that...

50 Dollars is enough, dont you think?

Last edited by Fieldz; 01-11-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Fieldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #12 
Sena Hansler

I think that is a pretty good idea... Except that the price is really a downer. For children who want a pet, and they can have only a fish... They don't have 75 for the tank plus 2+ for the fish (betta)... plus food, gravel, a plant so for overall, the idea is neat, the idea could be beneficial for breeders, but for families who aren't the richest... they probably wouldn't go for a high price for a small set
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #13 
Pitluvs

Well Sena, usually kids who wants Bettas have parents backing them up and paying for things. That's kinda the point of this tank, we all know younger kids get pets and parents end up having to take care of them lol But I agree, price doesn't match. Most parents are not going to pay that price when they can buy a $10 KK at the store or one of those horrible divided 0.5gs. These guys are onto something though, they need to make something that appeals to breeders and Betta fanciers like us, because we're the ones that will spend that kind of money lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #14 
tpocicat

I think the concept is wonderful. As has already been said, price and size are the things that would keep me from buying them. Beanies are a lot cheaper.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #15 
newarkhiphop

yea very good idea, i dont even made the shape of it, just the prices. You can get some really really nice tanks for that price.
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #16 
Sena Hansler

Pitluvs, true, then again I am thinking of my area xDD Kids here, about 70% buy stuff themselves - either from allowance, a job, or their parents putting a cap on the amount they can spend ("only 20 dollars" kind of thing). However that does sound appealing to me o_o (two 10s, one 29, two 20s, a few 3's....... x) ) I'd love to see them incorporate this idea, into larger tanks o.o

However what's scaring me is the sick fish who has ich and raggy fins O_O

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 01-11-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #17 
Pitluvs

It looked like air bubbles to me from a new set up tank *shrugs*
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #18 
Sena Hansler

I've never seen it on bettas o_O just plants or ornaments. huh..

but anyways... I wonder how much that'd cost for a larger tank

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 01-11-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #19 
StarSpun

Location: Toronto, Canada for the warm months, on an RV somewhere warm during the cold ones!
Thank you everyone for your opinions. They reflect mine.
Awesome idea, needs some tweaking to appeal to betta keepers

I think the first problem is size, but moreso for the heating issue.
What these guys wanted to do was make a standalone tank, no messy wires, etc etc. I get that vision. But I also think it's only right that Bettas live in comfortable temps. I am not so much a stickler on size. I think one gallon is the minimum but half gallons CAN be acceptable depending on the fish. I've had fish hate bigger tanks and vice versa. It really just depends on the situation. Also, for breeders, a half gallon seems to be acceptable.

Now the problem for them is going to be the price. I think they will lose a lot of biz with the pricing. I have forwarded these issues to them. I can't wait to see their bigger sizes. I also told them that cheaper materials (plastic) to make a version of this tank for breeders would be super. This size is perfect for breeders in a fish room, as heating would not be an issue. Any breeders checking out this thread, let me know what you think. How much would these have to be priced in order for you to give up your beanies?

For everyone else, what is the minimum size you would purchase, and what is the maximum you would pay for said size?

I will for sure be testing the water perimeters when I get mine. Will be very interesting to see how well it works, though in theory it should work....if the water is poured carefully and slowly enough

As for the fish looking like it has ick....mine looks like that in a new tank. The bubbles attach to him. On some of my other bettas, it doesn't happen. Maybe has something to do with the slime coat? Heh!

Thank you all once again, your help is appreciated. I really want to see the right kind of betta tanks on the market, and this idea is so friggin' super cool!
StarSpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #20 
thekoimaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiessa View Post
The worry I had when reading the project description was that they're telling people bettas don't need heaters. They absolutely do, unless you live in a consistently warm environment. :-/

The self cleaning part sounds great...but there needs to be a heater.
I'm surprised more people didn't pick up on this. This was my biggest turn off. The fact that they clearly state "bettas don't need heaters" immediately turned me away from the idea. If they can't get their research right, I wouldn't want to support them.

I'm also curious to see exactly how clean the water stays. If only I had the money, I'd run an experiment with it myself. I'm not completely trashing the idea. I'm just a scientist who never trusts the person trying to sell me something.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote