Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #1 
Pitluvs

Bettas are going nuts over new food!

I got my Addison's Betta Pro today, all 113g of it :) We're currently feeding Aqueon because it's the only Betta food I can buy here in pellet form. I decided to take the plunge and pick up from Addison's Betta Pro from Betta Breeders Canada. I'm sure happy I did! I also picked up a Betta Fry Starter Kit, to add to my collection of fry foods.

All this cost me... $23. I have two local Betta friends who I am going to share some of it with. It's more than enough for my crew.

Anyways, they went nuts over it and begged for more. The girls were the most impressed. No turning back now.
Attached Images

Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #2 
newarkhiphop

Am hesitant about switching from aqueon, have never had any problems with it, even when bringing fish straight from a pet store/ petco, they go for it right away
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #3 
NoahG

I've heard Addison's is top quality but I had a hard time finding an ingredient list for their foods -- did yours happen to come with one?

I'm currently feeding NLS Betta and their small fish formula, in addition to frozen and live treats (had to buy more frozen today due to the main freezer dying), but am up for rotating pellets like I rotate kibbles for my dog...if I can find a food I'd want to rotate with, that is.
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #4 
Pitluvs

This is what I found on here from Rusette:

Quote:
Atison Betta Pro, is much better as it has more vitamins and minerals. It is also a little more expensive as the first ingredient is Pure brine shrimp embroyos.

Here is the Difference.

Atison's Betta Food:
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein (min.) 36 %
Crude Fat (min.) 4.5 %
Crude Fiber (max.) 3.5 %
Moisture (max.) 8 %
Ash (max.) 15 %

Atison's Betta PRO:
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein (min.) 39.9%
Crude Fat (min.) 8.6%
Crude Fiber (max.) 4.4%
Moisture (max.) 7.7%
Ash (max.) 7.6%
And this...
http://theaquaticgazette.com/2011/07...son-betta-pro/

We fed Aqueon but really, it's not the best and if I can get better for my guys, I will :)
Old 01-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #5 
tpocicat

I've been feeding my bettas Attison's regular betta food, I will switch my bettas to Betta Pro as soon as the IBC web site is back up.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #6 
NoahG

Ah, gotcha -- thank you I think I'll stick with my current feeding choice though.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #7 
Pitluvs

I'd never replace NLS with Atison's myself
Old 01-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #8 
NoahG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
I'd never replace NLS with Atison's myself
Glad I'm not alone then. At least I can get a good variety of frozen foods instead (though I do wish I could find more live food for them).
Old 01-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #9 
Pitluvs

Yeah it's $30 with shipping to get one container of NLS shipped to me, it's not sold in stores here. Most of what we have is flakes and then the Aqueon. I liked the Aqueon because it was a pellet but the store that sells it closed. I figured with half a container I was good for a while... then my 22m old daughter spilled it all out. What I could salvage got me through to today haha So this is a God send for me.

We feed 3 types of frozen food, every second day they get one meal. I have bloodworms, brine shrimp and glassworms. I can't wait to pick up something new. If I could get a second type of pellet, I'd feed that in rotation with this stuff.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #10 
NoahG

Wow...how much is just the shipping? Maybe it'd be more economical to have someone who can purchase it locally for them send you some? I've had to ship something to Croatia once and I know the shipping wasn't enough to make up the difference between $30 and the retail price for NLS.

And ah, gotta love kids' tendencies to do things like that -- my nephew did that once with a bottle of antibiotic ear cleaner for my dog. Needless to say, I'm nervous whenever I let him help me feed my fish. Fortunately Ezra didn't just chow down when he put several too many pellets in for him, hahaha (also fortunate I had just bought feeding tongs for similar occasions -- Ezra decided to swim through them when I held them still for him).

I consider myself fortunate that the local stores seem to carry a wide variety of frozen foods. About the only thing I haven't managed to find yet is black worms, which I've heard they really love when they're alive.