Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #1 
alysalouise

6 week old betta fry

Would still eat bbs right? I only have one fry that i just got tonight. And im planning on setting up a bbs hatchery, but only being 1 fry what do i do with the rest of the bbs that hatch? Or should i just do like 10 eggs and after the fry is full give what ever that hatched thats left to my adult bettas? I dont wanna be hatching more then nessary cause i only have a little valve of eggs and i plan to breed at some point so i want to have some on hand for my own spawn
Posted via Mobile Device
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #2 
vilmarisv

I wouldn't bother with a hatchery for just one betta.
You could get some frozen bbs or decaps... some adults ignore the bbs because they are so small.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #3 
alysalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
I wouldn't bother with a hatchery for just one betta.
You could get some frozen bbs or decaps... some adults ignore the bbs because they are so small.
I cant get my hands on decaps unless i order online
And it could take a week or llonger for them to get here. But i do have frozen brine shrimp and blood worms. If i were to cut those up into tiny pieces would tthat work? Poor little thing has a completly empty stomach and doesnt look to good at all. He/she is still in its cup but floating in a nice heated tank while i get its own tank set up and heated
Old 01-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #4 
alysalouise

Im going to order a half pound tonight of decap brine shrimp eggs, but like i said, it'll be a week or a little more until it gets here, so what should i do in the mean time??

I have a few baby guppy fry i could feed the extra BBS to if i did a hatchery.... I have like 10 fry left that havent been eaten by my big fish lol