Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #1 
LittleBettas

Black Orchrid CT!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Well
Yesterday was my birthday (Jan. 12th) and as a present my sister took me to Walmart to get a book I have been wanting and to browse the bettas.... and I fell in love and she bought him for me (under the condition she named him and if I breed him, she gets a boy)

So...

Introducing

Gotham!!!!

He has GORGEOUS rays... the water is kind of blue, Im floating him in the sorority while I fix up his rays (possible fin rot )

LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:44 AM   #2 
MMad1121

WOW!!!! He's great and he does have gorgeous rays!!! Congrats what a great birthday gift. Never seen one like that at Walmart...although I try not to go back by the bettas in Walmart because ours neglects them something awful.

Awesome find! and I'm sure he's got a great home
MMad1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:53 AM   #3 
LittleBettas

There was a white one with faint silver... I almost got him when I saw Gotham... and he IS an amazing gift :) My sister wanted him but she's sticking to her "one betta" rule till she has her 10 gallon tank (which Im getting for HER Bday )
Old 01-13-2012, 02:57 AM   #4 
Rjb5584

REALLY pretty!

Please don't take this the wrong way, as I actually think he looks better than my black orchid Spike, but is he actually a black orchid? I really don't mean to come off as a jerk, I'm just colorblind and can't really tell.
Rjb5584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:43 AM   #5 
Bambi

He's beautiful. My walmart used to get black orchids all the time(well, every shipment for about 3 months) and now they don't have any when I have room for one. ><
He looks like most of the black orchids on google images,but he also look like he might have some coppering going on? are the two genes related?
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #6 
SDragon

Wow I am jealous. How did you ever find such a beautiful betta at Walmart? Very pretty fish.
SDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #7 
Rjb5584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
He's beautiful. My walmart used to get black orchids all the time(well, every shipment for about 3 months) and now they don't have any when I have room for one. ><
He looks like most of the black orchids on google images,but he also look like he might have some coppering going on? are the two genes related?
Yeah, that's what I noticed too--my copper guy gets the purple and teal/green shimmer depending on the angle of the light.

Maybe he's a black orchid, but not a melano black? I seem to remember something about it at bettysplendens
Old 01-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #8 
LittleBettas

I actually noticed tht this morning to, some of my females are copper (in the sorority) and he IS a copper.... so Im not sure what to classify him as now..... he's actually the same colors as my female HM Omen (copper black)... but his actually has a pattern (same pattern for a Black Orchid)
Old 01-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #9 
Bambi

Lol you can call him a black-copper orchid?
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #10 
Rjb5584

Whatever he ends up being classification-wise, he is awesome!