Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #11 
bettalover635

Smart!! How cool looking too!!
bettalover635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:42 AM   #12 
Bombalurina

It does look very cool! :) Do keep an eye on the girls, though - they may fight with the golden gourami whether he wants to or not. I also suspect that your shark will outgrow your tank, and will develop a mean streak as he ages - most do.
Also, not meaning to treat you like a newb, but many people don't realise that common plecos need 55 gallons plus, so I just want to check that you will have a bigger tank for him. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #13 
Gen2387

Wow! What a great idea!!! It lookes pretty too. I'm jealous. Lol!
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #14 
Silver Spar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
It does look very cool! :) Do keep an eye on the girls, though - they may fight with the golden gourami whether he wants to or not. I also suspect that your shark will outgrow your tank, and will develop a mean streak as he ages - most do.
The girls don't seem to be interested in the Gourami for the most part, and of the 3 sharks I rescued, that one was kept because he got on best in a community setting. I will be looking for aggression as time goes on tho - don't really want any of them getting hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Also, not meaning to treat you like a newb, but many people don't realise that common plecos need 55 gallons plus, so I just want to check that you will have a bigger tank for him. :)
Patrick is actually the second plec I've had - the first (also called Patrick) was also a rescue, and while he was quite big at the time (about 6 inches), I had to give him away to a new home because at the time I had no way of keeping him in any of my tanks. I know how big they can get, and how much space they can require which is why, as soon as funds allow, I plan on moving the whole kit and caboodle to a much larger tank - I currently have plans on the drawing board for a custom built tank that will be in excess of twice the volume of the current tank, and have compartments for 5, possibly six male bettas housed in much the same manner Howard is currently kept. That said, given an estimated age of about two months, I'm working on the assumption that I have somewhere between 4 months and a year before space becomes a serious problem for Patrick.
Silver Spar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #15 
Bombalurina

Excellent. :) It's always great to hear people planning ahead! I hope it all goes really well for you!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote