Ok bear with me Im typing this on a smart phone.
I bought my betta that I have now named Poseidon 2 days ago and bought a 0.9 gallon tank because I didn't know what I know now.
Some time next week I plan on buying a 5 gallon tank, heater and filter.
I want to make it look very nature like with alot of live plants and maybe a sunken piece of wood, and definitely a cave for him to hide in. I have a few questions first.
1. Can I use the regular gravel they sell at the pet store? If so how thick of a layer should I use.
2. How many live plants is to many? I was thinking about 3 or 4 plants of small and medium size. I want them to look lively and nice.
3. If I added 2 shrimp and 2 snails would a filter still be neccessary if I did a weekly 100% water change. Also would that over populate the tank.
4. I feel the cave is a mandatory so could I add the sunken wood later if there was enough room?
5. Will my betta even like the live plants? Because this isn't all about how I want the tank to be designed, its his home not mine I don't want my fish to be un happy.
6. My last question, I cant really afford even though I know its cheap but it would be hard for me to get sand and dirt for the bottom, so is this even possible with using gravel? I should have asked this first.