Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #1 
BettaMommy531rip

Talking My favorite fish related stuff.

Here is a thread to post what you like most about your bettas/other fish/anything aquatic.
Here's mine:
I love the way my girl Shimmer rearranges her tank to her liking after I change it around.
Also, my favorite aquatic plant is... the...marimo...MOSS BALL!!!
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #2 
MandiceP

I like how when I've had a HORRIBLE day I can come home and plant myself in front of my fish, have a cat or two (or four) in my lap and just chill out. My bettas make me so happy and they totally help me to relax and zone out. I also love watching the cats watch the fish. Their tanks are super secure from the cats getting in (had an incident once and I learned well from that!) and my big orange male, Brutus, will make the cutest chirpy meow noises when Shruikan flares at him! LOL

When I had community tanks I loved the way I had them set up. The decor was beautiful and I loved the way it looked. But for now just the two bettas here, and one at my moms! :D
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #3 
BettaMommy531rip

Love it! It's amazing how you can just forget when you look at your bettas.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #4 
MandiceP

Watching fish, in my opinion, is better than watching TV xD
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #5 
Zappity

Waaay better than TV :D
I love to watch them too, it's so relaxing :) And I love when I hold my Chihuahua up to the tank and Mr. Bubbles is like "What is that thing? MUST FLARE" and my chihuahua doesn't even acknowledge him xD
And how happy Mr. Bubbles looks when he sees me ♥
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #6 
BettaMommy531rip

@Mandice:
waaaaaaayyyyyy better than TV. LOL. When I watch Shimmer she'll get really excited at first but then she settles down and ogles me. LOL. Like, "what is that giant face making googly eyes at me?!"

@Zappity:
#1. Love ur username. Zappity. LOL. :D
#2. Mr.Bubbles is gorgeous! Where did you find such a handsome little man?!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #7 
revolutionrocknroll

Haha, I wish I could watch my fish swim around, but whenever they see me, they just start begging for food. Even when I'm sleeping at night, and I wake up, if they notice me awake they'll just start begging xD
revolutionrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #8 
fishman12

I love watching my boys get all mach when they see the mirror. Also my CT will flare if the tank light is on.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #9 
BettaMommy531rip

Hehe. You really know you're a true betta person when bettas are better than TV! Which they are, and they're also more educational. I remember when I was eight and I had my first betta, a crowntail named P.B. I would use his tank light as a night light, and I would watch him all night doing his fishy stuff. I remember being in awe of how fluidly he moved through the water, and I'm quite sure my mouth was hanging open at his purplish sheen, and his "crowny" fins.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:33 AM   #10 
thekoimaiden
Reference Team

My favorite thing about my fish in general is watching them grow. My koi have tripled in size since I bought them and are now huge, beautiful swimming crown jewels. I bought one of my bettas, Knucker, when he was just beginning to show color. He was probably shipped out very young. Watching his progression of color has been amazing. My goldfish have also gotten huge from when I bought them. Seaking's fins are now almost half her body length.

As much as I love watching them grow, I don't think I'll ever breed bettas, goldfish, or anything really. I don't think I have the time for it between all the other obligations I have.

Watching them is also amazing, but my bettas tend to be a bit frantic whenever I'm around. If I can sneak a peek when they aren't looking, they're hilarious to watch.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote